Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Diedler
Germany
Stade
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Hello,

perhaps our gaming group likes to play a three or four Player game of Devil's Cauldron. Has anybody some experience with that version of the game?

Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not done this, but it would be very easy to divide command by formations. There are extra chits included in the game so that the Northern and Southern parts of the campaign can be divided into teams of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go as far as to say it probably plays better with 4 players. Haven't had a chance yet for 4-player face to face play, But have played some 4 player online stuff and it works well.

I wonder how many players will be the "sweet spot" once both halves are put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 3 player CG game over Vassal, and in reality it should have been at least 4 , the way we had it setup was

1 player 1st AB
1 player 82nd AB

me as all the germans!

I think the sweet spot would be to have

1 player 82nd AB and XXX guards armored
1 as the 1st AB and Polish AB then the 43d wessex

then

1 German as Von Tettau and frundsberg
1 german as Korps Feldt and Hohenstaufen

what some have suggested too was to have the 82nd AB player run the XXX gds and the 43rd Wessex until they get north of Nijmegen then swithc them to the 1st AB player, but by then he might be too busy

saying all that, it was great fun!! but as we got to the point where it was getting interesting, one player left BGG and another got disinterested kind of was a drag for me, as some nights Id spend over 2 hours doing the german turns, c'est la vie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dude163 wrote:

saying all that, it was great fun!! but as we got to the point where it was getting interesting, one player left BGG and another got disinterested kind of was a drag for me, as some nights Id spend over 2 hours doing the german turns, c'est la vie!

Always a possibility when playing monster games. And always a possibility when playing via online tools. Combine the two, and it happens far too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Diedler
Germany
Stade
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Hi Robert,

thanks for your ideas and sugesstions. We will try it FTF in June at a convention. If You ar e interested I will tell You about that game.

Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.