Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Alper
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Along with a few other games -- none in mint condition, I'm afraid, but all still playable: Tannenberg, Vera Cruz, Cobra, The Crusades, Stonewall [plus some other games with game sleeves -- though I think they came in S&T, too and later they offered sleeves separately: Punic Wars, Dixie [ugh!]. But there are a bunch of others that are still missing -- I wish I knew what happened to Panzergruppe Guderian!

But I definitely have fond memories of this game from high school. I'd love to play it again, but doubt I'll every be able to get some friends together to burn away an entire Sunday playing.

One thing I notice -- the game is listed on BGG as for 1-4 players [I guess that's the later packaged versions?] My version came for 1-3 players, with optional rules for portugal as a fourth player [but no counters provided], and additional optional rules for a 4th/5th player "German Bankers". I don't remember ever playing that rule.

Still, I'd call it 1-5 players. [is the german banker option not in the packaged game?]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is being Redone . . . by GMT. Many changes.

RHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
In answer to your question: no, the "German Banker" option is not in the rules. The other four players may bid on the historical German explorers.

The German Bankers option is published in the General v30i3p35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two sets of rules. One of them has the German Banker as a fifth player included as an optional rule. It's in the SPI version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.