Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they aren't anywhere near resin, but they look pretty.

Anyone have an idea if these are worthwhile or not?

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=ind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a set (Thoumont's Rare Tomes and Components) for WorldWorks, so I am completely biased, but these guys are the nicest bunch you could possibly meet, and they churn out abslutely top quality work. If you're looking for downloadable 3D cardstock scenery, go no further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Mangus
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are worthwhile if you want to put the time into them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
I've done a set (Thoumont's Rare Tomes and Components) for WorldWorks, so I am completely biased, but these guys are the nicest bunch you could possibly meet, and they churn out abslutely top quality work. If you're looking for downloadable 3D cardstock scenery, go no further.

Would you recommend printing these on cardstock and gluing them to foamcore with super 77 (or something similar)? to make them more stable. I know that my 4 and 5 year olds will get into them so I want to make them a bit more stable. I do know they have some of the best looking stuff available but don't want to make them a dozen times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:
Would you recommend printing these on cardstock and gluing them to foamcore with super 77 (or something similar)? to make them more stable. I know that my 4 and 5 year olds will get into them so I want to make them a bit more stable. I do know they have some of the best looking stuff available but don't want to make them a dozen times.

I've tried it both ways and it absolutely looks better mounted on the foamcore (and is way more stable overall - even thick card stock tends to bend pretty quickly). It's more work, but you'll probably enjoy the result a good bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.