Popular Tags: [View All]
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
They have finally gone down from 50% off to 75% off. My Barnes & Noble still had a few copies left of Acquire. I picked up a copy of Cranium WOW for about $9 and one of those Tetris cubes for about $4 (not a game, but it looks pretty cool at that price).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: B&N 75% off sale is underway
see also http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/377879 and http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/368694
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a Great Wall of China. Passed on Acquire, Diplomacy and the Onyx Edition of Monopoly (thought of gifting it, but thought, naw.)

I'll check out another B&N this evening.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
All they had left at ours worth anything was Great Wall of China and Gift Trap. I left GT for somebody else and took home Great Wall for $3.68

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Miczek
United States
Saratoga Springs
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Modern Art and Road to the White House. Left the Beowulf: The Movie Board Game since I just picked it up during FFG after Christmas sale. Nothing else there worth over $1. Maybe I'll pick up a football trivia or some party game for the wife next week when it switch's to $1 for everything left. wish they had Great Wall of China or Diplomacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2nd B&N visit netted Potions, a family game that I hope will be a gateway to Theophrastus maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this only an in-store sale? The 50% sale had games online as well, but I don't see anything about the 75% sale online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to find and reserve a copy of Modern Art. I'll pick it up tomorrow and scour the tables for any remaining treasures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks to be in-store only - no online deals anymore. Some of the online discounted stuff like Say Anything was not on sale at all.

My wife picked up two copies of Modern Art, a Diplomacy (someone swiped the Acquires at 50%), a Kippit (which is lousy by the way), and Beowulf. Thinking about hitting another store tonight...

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up the eco-CCG Xeko and a neat puzzle game--Royal Rescue--that both the 3yo and the 6yo like. They also have a fancy Onyx Monopoly, Presidential Scrabble (?), Pirates of the Caribbean Scrabble (???), the Beowulf the Movie boardgame (Knizia's Kingdoms one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:
Looks to be in-store only - no online deals anymore. Some of the online discounted stuff like Say Anything was not on sale at all.

Say Anything was 30% off at our store for some reason. It wasn't with these games but just sitting on a shelf. I kind of wondered if somebody forgot to take the sticker off of it after they ran a sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Rumis for 2.50, Diplomacy for 7.50 and a $50 chess set for only 12.50.

Couldn't find acquire though, even though I was looking. I haven't even noticed these B&N sales threads for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb Adams
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ROYAL RESCUE is awesome. I got that one at 50% and it is a bargain. Snatch that if you find it--dynamite gift for 5-year-olds. Got ACQUIRE then as well.

At 75% I got a MONOPOLY EXPRESS and a CONTROL TOWER puzzle game.

Once the $1 boom hits, I'll snag BEOWOLF, maybe DREAD PIRATE, or a SCRABBLE upgrade--I have the chintzy drug store version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

I picked up Say Anything for 75% off at one BN in the area. The game was marked with the green dot and sitting on the clearance table. The guy behind the counter when I checked out said that it wasn't coming up as the right price and told me that someone 'probably hadn't updated the database' and gave it to me (and the lady after me) for 75% off.

At other stores in my area, Say Anything is not discounted, nor does it have the green dot.

I'm guessing that the store I got the discount mistakenly put it on the table and marked it as one of the sale games.

Good luck!

-jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went yesterday and picked up Beowulf, Dread Pirate and the Barnes & Noble 'exclusive' POTC version of Dread Pirate (the last two for my kids). There is another B&N about 1/2 hour drive away that has a number of other games I would like to pick up showing in stock, but no way for me to get up there within the 3 day hold period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to raid my local B&N (Stamford, CT) during lunch. I forgot my % off coupon, but I spent $30 for:

Beowulf: The Movie Board Game
Great Wall of China x2 (left at least one behind)
Acquire
GiftTRAP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only I could find a Great Wall deal in my area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Acquire and Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery for 50% off. Played AoE III with my eldest son (12) on Monday, we liked it. A lot of plastic figures for under $30. I'm glad I found it there because I don't think I would have purchased it for much more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Dread Pirate and Smarty Party. Left behind Xeko and Beowulf. Everything else noteworthy was gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've picked up 5 copies of Rumis, but two will be donated to local libraries, and one to the YMCA where my son goes after school, so it is not QUITE as silly as it sounds. And its ~$2.24 a copy after all discounts.

Also, picked up Acquire, Diplomacy, Gift trap and that wall of china thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mayer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on vacation in Nashville so I checked to see if they might have some games my home town of Grand Rapids did not. Picked up Great Wall of China at 75% off and a $50 chess set, along with Diplomacy (which they had 4 of...they also had 4 of Acquire) and Ingenious and 2 GiftTRAPs. Have AOE 3 on hold when I get back for 75% off...that was luck. Curious about the different versions of this. Can anyone direct me to a thread on this. It seems barnes just sells the 1st one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beloved_34 wrote:
I am on vacation in Nashville so I checked to see if they might have some games my home town of Grand Rapids did not. Picked up Great Wall of China at 75% off and a $50 chess set, along with Diplomacy (which they had 4 of...they also had 4 of Acquire) and Ingenious and 2 GiftTRAPs. Have AOE 3 on hold when I get back for 75% off...that was luck. Curious about the different versions of this. Can anyone direct me to a thread on this. It seems barnes just sells the 1st one?

The 2nd edition has small changes to board, and box was made smaller (to better fit the board).
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/371137

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Snider
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a couple more of those Royal Rescue puzzles but nothing else great at my local store. I think I'm giving these and Rumis for every present in 2009. :-)

I did reserve some other things online with the store and they confirmed them via email, but when I got there nothing was behind the counter. The cashier didn't know why and overall wasn't super nice. But after a little bit she noticed a sign with a red dot by the reservations (like the red dot stickers on the items) that said "No reservations on clearance items." So... your mileage may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got Ingenious and Acquire yesterday for $15 something. Quite a deal.

Everything else noteworthy was gone except the Indiana Jones DVD game, and there were 4-5 of them. I believe that one screams "$1!" to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
I believe that one screams "$1!" to me.

Does the $1 sale come next or does it go to 90% off first? Does anyone remember from last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.