Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fox Mulder
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition: Errata wrote:
Q. If my capital is captured and I have unplaced units in the mobilization zone and/or technology researchers, what happens to them?
A. You lose them. Return any unmobilized units to your storage tray and discard any researcher tokens that you may have.

It makes sense to me that if a nation's capital is taken then any researcher tokens help by that nation are turned over to the captor. Is this a common house rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reasoning behind this rule was that the IPCs paid for "researchers" involved paying for lab facilities and test equipment as well as personnel. Following that line, a power that captured another power's capital wouldn't necessarily immediately gain the benefits of that power's research in progress. Notes and equipment would be destroyed to keep them from falling into enemy hands, and key people would "disappear". Even if all of the scientists, notes and equipment were captured intact, there would be some time and costs incurred in transferring these assets back to the conquering power's capital for use.

In addition, it was felt that getting all of your enemy's IPCs was bonus enough without throwing in free research as well. All in all, it just seemed better to discard the research tokens than to transfer them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.