Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My Girl friend asked me how many Games do I have now? (after one year). I didn't want to lie. I hate lying, so I said nothing.

To be honest....I don't know how many games I have.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RentonT wrote:
I think I'm doing pretty good. I owe it to you guys. Thanks.


Phase 1 - thanks all, what a wonderful resource to find awesome games
Phase 2 - oooh, I can't wait for that to come out too
Phase 3 - look what you all have done, I'm over my head in games

Have fun with your new games!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've accomplished in the last 30 or so days I've been a member is purchase half a dozen games (Descent, Doom, Tikal, Zombies!!!, etc.) that I had no idea existed up to a few weeks ago and not worked on my thesis for at least 100 or more hours because of this site... and its due Mar. 5th!. Thanks BGG for the pleasant distractions!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdrunk wrote:
What I've accomplished in the last 30 or so days I've been a member is purchase half a dozen games (Descent, Doom, Tikal, Zombies!!!, etc.) that I had no idea existed up to a few weeks ago and not worked on my thesis for at least 100 or more hours because of this site... and its due Mar. 5th!. Thanks BGG for the pleasant distractions!


Was that sarcasm?
or
Was he really thanking us?

screw you buddy!
or
Your welcome, it was a pleasure helping.laugh

depending what you meant

Oh man! The Hills Rise Wild! glad I saw your profile. I have to find this game now. thanksthumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Morley
United States
Rainier
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things I don't pay attention to - time spent on the geek and the number of games in my collection. There's a direct connection in there somewhere.
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
neverwhere68 wrote:
mcdrunk wrote:
What I've accomplished in the last 30 or so days I've been a member is purchase half a dozen games (Descent, Doom, Tikal, Zombies!!!, etc.) that I had no idea existed up to a few weeks ago and not worked on my thesis for at least 100 or more hours because of this site... and its due Mar. 5th!. Thanks BGG for the pleasant distractions!


Was that sarcasm?
or
Was he really thanking us?:what:

screw you buddy!
or
Your welcome, it was a pleasure helping.:laugh:

depending what you meant;)

Oh man! The Hills Rise Wild! glad I saw your profile. I have to find this game now. thanks:thumbsup:


Actually I really am thanking you guys/gals. Not only has the site relieved my stress levels about the thesis (hey, I'm not working on it now!) but the site has also saved me lots of money as my GF and I have stayed in on a bunch of weekend nights to try and figure out the games (esp. Arkham Horror) instead of heading out to dinner/movie and a bar where I drop $100 or more... now I can take all that saved cash and buy more games (Doom expansion, Descent expansions, Arkham expansions, etc.)....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RentonT wrote:
5 dollars... why not?

...says the future wasted geek lying in the gutter begging for dimes to buy another game.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boudreau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mcdrunk wrote:
What I've accomplished in the last 30 or so days I've been a member is purchase half a dozen games (Descent, Doom, Tikal, Zombies!!!, etc.) that I had no idea existed up to a few weeks ago and not worked on my thesis for at least 100 or more hours because of this site... and its due Mar. 5th!. Thanks BGG for the pleasant distractions!


I too have fallen into the long arduous path of buying new games to try out. I have also purchased Zombies!!!... and rather than just buy the original to try out... the online game shop I buy from had the whole set! I said "the whole set! that rules!" and purchased anyway... it just looked so cool and it has zombies... and fighting zombies is awesome!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdrunk wrote:
...instead of heading out to... a bar where I drop $100 or more...
Don't hesitate to tell me what bar we're meeting at! The drinks are on you!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
mcdrunk wrote:
...instead of heading out to... a bar where I drop $100 or more...
Don't hesitate to tell me what bar we're meeting at! The drinks are on you! :D


Actually one of my jobs is bartending (Crown & Anchor Pub, Austin, Texas 11 years and counting... my real job is being a surly archaeologist)... all my alcoholic/worthless friends know to come in on my shift...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hi My name's Matt. I'm addicted to Board Games and your friggin' site is NOT helping me!!!!"

That was a couple of years ago now, and I've come to terms with my addiction. At least it's harmful to my health ('cept when I buy a new game and my wife beats me over the head with it, 'cause we don't have that kind of $$$. I try to resist, I really do.)

shake

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, as long as you're at Barnes and Noble, why not buy my book too?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
RentonT wrote:
For now, I've got to start playing some of these games!

Yep. Amid all the researching and discussing and purchasing, many people seem to forget about actually playing the games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Søren Staugaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
Penguin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
RentonT wrote:
For now, I've got to start playing some of these games!

Yep. Amid all the researching and discussing and purchasing, many people seem to forget about actually playing the games.


I buy the games, put them on the shelf, occasionally open them up to look at the components or read through the rules, then put them back, waiting patiently for that day when my fiancee will casually remark, "I'm bored, why don't we play one of your games? What's it called? Starcraft?" then I'll say with great dignity and without sounding too condescending, "honey, I don't think it's for you." And then I'll buy the expansion because it like, totally has stuff in it made of colorful plastic. soblue
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor X

New York
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I buy the games, put them on the shelf, occasionally open them up to look at the components or read through the rules, then put them back, waiting patiently for that day when my fiancee will casually remark, "I'm bored, why don't we play one of your games? What's it called? Starcraft?" then I'll say with great dignity and without sounding too condescending, "honey, I don't think it's for you." And then I'll buy the expansion because it like, totally has stuff in it made of colorful plastic.


Hah! I thought I was the only one!

(Looks back at book shelf full of Fantasy Flight/Milton Bradley/FASA/Twilight Creations/Games Workshop creations, realizes book shelf has finally really run out of room, and ruefully stores shrinkwrapped copies of Android, Arkham Horror: Kingsport Horror Expansion, and Arkham Horror: The Black Goat of the Woods Expansion in the closet....)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.