Jon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I just read about multi-hex fire groups and non-leader directed attacks, and I'm a bit confused.

A multi-hex fire group may benefit from a leadership DRM if a leader is present in every hex (Using the lowest leader DRM). This, to me, implies a multi-hex fire group attack is a non-leader directed MMC attack if a leader is not present in each hex. Or does it mean the fire group is leader-led as long as one leader is present, but the fire group just won't benefit from a leader DRM?

Am I reading too much into the rules?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nishsama wrote:
This, to me, implies a multi-hex fire group attack is a non-leader directed MMC attack if a leader is not present in each hex.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have a leader in every hex in the FG, then the FG gets no leadership bonus, so you interpreted it correctly. Also, fwiw, leaders cannot constitute a link in an FG "chain" by themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Harmon wrote:
Nishsama wrote:
This, to me, implies a multi-hex fire group attack is a non-leader directed MMC attack if a leader is not present in each hex.

This is correct.

Thanks, Devon and John. Since the FG is a non-leader directed MMC attack even with one leader present, will a doubles roll on the dice still cause cowering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Tegel
Germany
Eschbach
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nishsama wrote:
Since the FG is a non-leader directed MMC attack even with one leader present, will a doubles roll on the dice still cause cowering?

Hi Jon,
yes a non-leader directed MMC attack cowers if rolling original doubles.

Best,
Robert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nishsama wrote:
Devon Harmon wrote:
Nishsama wrote:

This is correct.

Thanks, Devon and John. Since the FG is a non-leader directed MMC attack even with one leader present, will a doubles roll on the dice still cause cowering?

Yes, that's the implication of an attack not being leader-directed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless of course they're Finns, British Elite or 1st line, Fanatic, Berserk, Sniper, Fire Lane, it's the 1st Tuesday after the second monday of the month, or any of the other exceptions in the full rules

See what you have to look forward to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madDdog67 wrote:
Unless of course they're Finns, British Elite or 1st line, Fanatic, Berserk, Sniper, Fire Lane, it's the 1st Tuesday after the second monday of the month, or any of the other exceptions in the full rules

See what you have to look forward to!

Now, now, don't scare the poor boy 'til he's good and sucked in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.