Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just bought a set of heroscape, and now I'm wondering which rules I should read? I read somewhere on the geek that the rules for RotV are not the best or most current ones. Should I instead read the rules of another master set? Are they more up-to-date or something?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swarm of the Marro Master Set has the most current rules set. You could also try to download version 2.0 of the rules (the set found within the Swarm of the Marro Master Set) from either the official HeroScape Hasbro site OR at www.heroscapers.com

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the master set with the sparkly water and seperate red and blue dice, or with the plain blue water and combi-dice?
The first is version 1 with the old rulebook, while the other is version 2 with the revised rulebook. the primary differences involve adjacency and moving up and down.

here´s a link directly to the Swarm of the Marro RULES DOWNLOAD.

Swarm of the Marro being the latest masterset, with the most current rulebook. Although you should also read in one of the others, for rules on the ruins, and, as mjtueel says, the rules for Mimring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the help! This is really appreciated... I will check which version I own and download the rulebook for the latest master set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you do have the 2nd edition, you don't really need to read the SotM rules if you don't have that set.

Just as the 2nd edition RotV rules cover Mimring, the SotM rules cover the Marro Hive, swamp water, etc. The procedural stuff is the same, and if you don't have SotM you don't have that other stuff to worry about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure which version I have (it is in German, anyway). I have blue tiles (plain blue), and the game is from 2004. Could that be te second version?

I'm unsure, because there seem to be dice in blue and red...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second edition rules (English Version) say "2nd Edition" in the upper right corner of the cover. First edition (which was 2004) had separate booklets titled "Basic Game Guide" and "Master Game Guide". Those are both in the same book in 2nd edition.

I think they sold first edition copies with both sparkly water and plain water, so not having the sparkly doesn't validate the rule set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
I'm not sure which version I have (it is in German, anyway). I have blue tiles (plain blue), and the game is from 2004. Could that be te second version?

I'm unsure, because there seem to be dice in blue and red...

I could be wrong, but my understanding is the first edition had separate dice for attack and defence, whereas second edition had both symbols on the same dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I could be wrong, but my understanding is the first edition had separate dice for attack and defence, whereas second edition had both symbols on the same dice.

That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.