Subject: Miniatures based strategic level fantasy boardgames rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Burns
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I love fantasy boardgames, I do not have the patience and budget to get into miniatures gaming, but I am aware that there are some fantastic fantasy miniatures gaming franchises with terrific backstories.

Why do so many miniatures games publishes with great licences appear not to see the value in converting some of their fantasy properties into strategic level boardgames? For example, I would love to play a strategic boardgame set in the warmachine/hordes universe, where you could play as the Cryx! However, there are currently no plans for this.

Other properties that could do with this would include Rackham's Confrontation universe, or even AT 43, and Games Workshop could do a lot worse than to put out a revamped (or redone) Mighty Empires...

Why is this not happening? I can't be the only one who hopes for such things, can I? Do the companies just not have the time/money to develop these things?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Its that gamers don't want them. Minis painters want to paint warriors, not towns.

That being said, the games you seek certainly exist.

GW DID redo Mighty Empires, last year - Mighty Empires: Warhammer Expansion.

Dragon Masters was a nice lite version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed James
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike.

You could take a look at Wizard Kings, a fantasy wargame using blocks instead of minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While I love fantasy boardgames, I do not have the patience and budget to get into miniatures gaming, but I am aware that there are some fantastic fantasy miniatures gaming franchises with terrific backstories.

How can you say "no" to a fantasy miniatures battle??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon Hordes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires of Arcana
Medieval Empires
Empires - The one I have played. Terrific game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.