Subject: Card protection? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cw
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any good way to protect our precious R4tG cards
I hoping to find a method that will provide protection against wear while not interfering too much with the shuffling of cards

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use dragon shields. Shuffling is a bit annoying, but after 50 plays, you'll get used to it . You can always split the job of shuffling between multiple players, at which time it's not that difficult at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't use your fingernails to pick up cards. Instead, slide them off the edge of the table. The cards' edges will stay newer that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
:shrug: penny sleeves I hear work out nicely.

No sleeves used here. My cards are kinda hard to shuffle since they tend to stick. Probably excessive moisture for storing the game in my vehicle for extended times, in addition to the usual wear and tear. I have a backup copy that will probably be sleeved in peeny sleeves whenver I break them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
:shrug: penny sleeves I hear work out nicely.

No sleeves used here. My cards are kinda hard to shuffle since they tend to stick. Probably excessive moisture for storing the game in my vehicle for extended times, in addition to the usual wear and tear. I have a backup copy that will probably be sleeved in peeny sleeves whenver I break them out.
I didn't use sleeves on my 1st copy of the base set. Got around 180+ plays on that. For my 2nd copy of the base set, I put them in penny sleeves. I've been pretty happy with that, played ~80 times with those, seems fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonshields or Ultra Pro card sleeves work well. They come in more expensive than penny sleeves, but I find the penny sleeves to be a false economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use ultrapros (blue ones). The rough texture on the back of these seem to help with shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Runyan
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Don't use your fingernails to pick up cards. Instead, slide them off the edge of the table. The cards' edges will stay newer that way.

Or better yet, buy a bunch of blank white index cards, write down the stats on those, and use those to play the game. Pretend you are looking at the real cards. Keep the real cards in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannu Pajula
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
telengard wrote:
I use ultrapros (blue ones). The rough texture on the back of these seem to help with shuffling.

UltraPro for me as well. Cheapo transparent sleeves for action cards, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiang Ling Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the cheap Ultrapro clear soft sleeves for my copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Childers
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiang Ling Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MainiacJoe wrote:
What are the dimensions of the cards?

I'm not so sure but I've compared a card to a MtG card, they are of exactly the same size, if it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same size as standard U.S. Poker cards. 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches, or 63mm x 88mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gallagher
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
jpwrunyan wrote:
erak wrote:

Or better yet, buy a bunch of blank white index cards, write down the stats on those, and use those to play the game. Pretend you are looking at the real cards. Keep the real cards in the box.

Worst idea ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Reaves
United States
Brewer
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NanoXstatiC wrote:
jpwrunyan wrote:
erak wrote:

Worst idea ever.

If you use coins for victory counters, you can leave the box in the shrink wrap and keep it on a display shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
NanoXstatiC wrote:
jpwrunyan wrote:
erak wrote:

Worst idea ever.

But decent hyperbole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.