Valor & Victory» Forums » General

Subject: Counters for pinned units? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Geissmann
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a miniatures gamer with very limited spare time between family and work time, I am always looking for wargames that have a certain depht but don't require regular practice. I tried the ASL starter kits, but there are too many details and abbreviations to remember for long time playing intervals.

Valor and Victory looks promising in this regard. So I printed the rulebook and started to read. One of the first paragraphs I stumbled over was 5.31 Command Phase. "Player A automatically rallies all of his pinned units, flipping them to their face-up, unpinned side."
Looking at the unit counters available, there is no pinned or unpinned side. Will there be counters with a "pinned" side, or should we use a separate marker for pinned units (in this case, paragraph 5.31 should be adapted for clarity).

Don't take me wrong: The rules and the components look really great, I would love to try them. Just want to be sure about assembling the components.

Maerk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Counters are one sided - pinned is black back side
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maerk wrote:
Being a miniatures gamer with very limited spare time between family and work time, I am always looking for wargames that have a certain depht but don't require regular practice. I tried the ASL starter kits, but there are too many details and abbreviations to remember for long time playing intervals.

Valor and Victory looks promising in this regard. So I printed the rulebook and started to read. One of the first paragraphs I stumbled over was 5.31 Command Phase. "Player A automatically rallies all of his pinned units, flipping them to their face-up, unpinned side."
Looking at the unit counters available, there is no pinned or unpinned side. Will there be counters with a "pinned" side, or should we use a separate marker for pinned units (in this case, paragraph 5.31 should be adapted for clarity).

Don't take me wrong: The rules and the components look really great, I would love to try them. Just want to be sure about assembling the components.

Maerk

As I see your question's been answered I'll just say that this IS an excellent game and doesn't slip into the "too hard" realm, so you've made a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Counters are one sided - pinned is black back side.

I think that should have read "pinned is blank back side".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.