Subject: So, how does it add to Ludus 1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
I own the first Ludus and do enjoy it for a quick beer & pretzels romp. Can anyone tell me how the second adds to it? What are the new rules and stats of the new gladiators? How does the Lion work? Are the dice just prettier or do they serve any new purpose?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff,
I do own both and really enjoy playing them (As you told for some easy fun).

LG2 adds 4 new gladiators and 1 lion.
The main difference is that gladiators have different dice-set to be used in "attack" or "defence" plus some unique new actions.

Moreover there is a Rule that allow Lion to be moved by "Artificial Intelligence".

LG2 also adds a Campaign Rules System for earning money and improve your Gladiator abilities between different combats.

For what can I say, dice are simply better-looking (and I definitely always use them).

Hope this helps you out.
Cheers
Alessandro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply Alessandro. Adding more Gladiators for a larger gaming group is appreciated, but I think the main selling point for me is the idea of a Lion that plays independently from all other players. If you have the time and desire, I'd love to get a generalization of how that works!

Again many thanks,

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jefflum wrote:
If you have the time and desire, I'd love to get a generalization of how that works!

Hi Jeff,
I've created a short "review" about Lion as NPC (non playing character).
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3188725
Hope you like it.
Cheers
Alessandro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
Outstanding Alessandro!

I do love the idea of the lion. It seems that it's basically a pin cushion though (you're guaranteed a hit every time), however I suppose adding defense dice would make it too powerful. Maybe add some defense dice and lower his life points to keep theme and make things a little more unpredictable(?).

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write that up. I'm sure I'll eventually buy the set and play around with some house rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NP Jeff...
It's been a pleasure.
Alessandro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.