Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #2» Forums » Rules

Subject: Critical hits with AP ammo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
An American 57L AT gun fires AP and rolls a Critical on ITT. Is this resolved on the 4FP column (2FP for AP over 37mm, doubled to 4) or on the 12FP column (6FP for HE over 50mm, doubled to 12)?

The rules seem to indicate the latter (they say that a Critical is resolved on double the Gun's HE FP, without stating that this only applies to HE shots and not AP shots).

This question came up in a game of Hammer to the Teeth, where the Americans get two AT guns with limited HE ammo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Krach
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the SK3 rules : you use the weapon's HE- equivalent for a CH on ITT. So I would use 4FP for AP and 12 for HE. I guess you ran out of HE? HE would be the default ammo for ITT attacks.
Don't forget the inverted TEMs, and have in mind AP leaves no RF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The 57L has underlined firepower (i.e. no HE), but gets HE as special ammo. In this scenario the gun had run out of HE, so was firing AP as ITT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule C3.71 in the full ASL rules clearly state that when firing AP you double the HE equivalency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.