Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just curious if there are any others besides the one person that has already posted here. I would like to move forward a bit more, but I don't want to get to a point to where I have to re-do a bunch of stuff if some good suggestions arise.

If you have downloaded it, thanks for the interest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also intersted in the playtest results! The game looks like a lot of fun and very open ended in the replay department!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I am behind in reporting my results. I would really like until next week to have more time to play and analysis. Feel free to move forward without my comments because to this point I am not finding anything big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No no, if people need more time that is fine, I was just curious to see if anybody else besides you have played it yet

Thanks again for playtesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilcox
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I have not played it yet. I just got the files printed and started doing a bunch of over time. Hopefully I will be able to play this soon, it doesn't look bright though. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Moos
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nope. i haven't even printed it. i just downloaded the files to look at the components.

unfortunately i can't assemble or play it in the bus and therefore i'm stuck with my gameboy DS and advance wars: days of ruin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a silly excuse, but I haven't played it because I lack a table! We're renovating our house, and our dining room table and coffee table are in storage. Lately I've only been playing games that I can play on the floor. I'm getting sick of that though, so I bought a folding table today. Maybe I'll find time to play with my wife this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

i just downloaded it, printed it quick black/withe on normal paper and played it several times!

Great Work. The "Defense Chart" reminds me of Tabletops and it is really easy to understand. Can't wait until the other types are made...(what are you gonna do? Air units? and???)

Battle System: perfect!

Units marker: ok little bit confusing the first time but ok, good idea are the Unit cards!

Rules: Version 1 are quite... well hard to read

Game Board: nice done simple board but many different styles

Advice: do not input the Fuel and Ammo rules. Even in the GBA games they not that important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input Heiko!

I am glad you enjoyed it! As for the rules, they are my crude attempt at rules writing. I have recruited somebody to re-write the rules for me once they are somewhat finalized

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one thing to add

something come into my mind regarding the markers. Why not put some pics of the units on the markers not just the big "MECH" square. I mean something like a screenhot from the GBA when the Mechs are in battle (the sideview) ... just a small pic of this would be enough (the "MECH" could be smaller in a corner maybe)

i think this would look nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are playing the playtest version. The final version will have full graphics. Just trying to save ink for the time being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radames corujo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
So far it looks great have not play it yet but it was looking at the units cards and I think their is a typo. The mech has a move of 1 on hills. I belive that that should hve been 2 move on a hill just like the grunt. If you are trying to match the playing style of GBA then 2 move in hill is the way to go. That it for now I'm work on putting it all together. Will be playing soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
according to the sources I have found, a Mech unit only uses one MP to move over any terrain. Which makes sense seeing that it can only move 2 spaces anyways.

"Mountain
- defense 4, costs 1 movement point for Mech and Air, 2 for Infantry (Treads and Tires can't go there at all)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radames corujo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
thanks! it's good to know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally came up to start a playtest, yay!

I will soon upload images from yesterday's Part One (currently at Turn 14). I have not followed the Playtest scenario (cause I could not print it yesterday ), so I made up my own 3x3 map (but pretty close to that one, just with 1 Factory per player, which I must admit is a bit low).

What I gathered up so far:

- if you have only one Factory per player, your Money flow is way exagerated; I was getting 20 credits each turn per player and of course could only spend less (as all the current units cost less then 20 bucks). Is there any unwritten rule to the Cities:Factories ratio, that should be used to balance the Income/Spending?

- I tried to mimic the movement and unit production with both players to check if there is any advantage in going first; In the first moves I moved similar units similarly and later attacked quite the same (of course the die decides sometimes and also later some units disappear from one side, whilst the other retains them longer...); I will count up the Number and Type of units lost in my report (don't have the math yet

- until now (Turn 13) the sides are pretty equal with some minor differencies; this is where the rule of 10 VPs (for killed units) comes into play, as this way the game could last way longer and possibly would be a stale-mate, shifting units slightly in the centermost segment

I will write the report up soon, also with pictures taken after each side acted in a given turn (except Turn 4 I think where only movement happened).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.