Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Treasure Chest» Forums » General

Subject: Pictures from Schatzkiste contents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
Halfway this page on Gamepack you'll find some pictures of the contents of the Schatzkiste, including:

- Puerto Rico buildings
- San Juan cards
- Cards for Notre Dame
- Cards for Wie Verhexxt!
- Tiles for Im Jahr des Drachen
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lilian
France
Eaubonne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone can translate please ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
Lilian wrote:
Someone can translate please ?


Most new Puerto Rico cards are already translated in this thread, if that's what you mean?

Or do you mean my English grammar is more like Dutch grammar?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lilian
France
Eaubonne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not so good in english if it's that what you mean.

But I want to know the translation of San Juan cards. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
Lilian wrote:
I'm not so good in english if it's that what you mean.


No, no. Just joking about my own english. I'm not a native speaker either.

Lilian wrote:
But I want to know the translation of San Juan cards. Thanks.


Let give it try (with some help from Google...):

Goldsmith
Gold Seeker Phase
Owner receives a card from his hand stack when he has not yet built this building.
3 Victory points

Harbor
Trader Phase
Owner puts one of his just sold products, under his harbor
(each 1 victory point at game end)
2 Victory points

Guard room
At the start of a round
Players without a guard room must reduce the hand stack to 6 cards.
1 Victory point

Office (?)
At the start of a round
Owner may discard 1 or 2 cards from his hand stack and may take 1 or 2 new cards.
1 Victory point

Please correct me if I made an error from German to Dutch to English!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lilian
France
Eaubonne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonM wrote:
Halfway this page on Gamepack you'll find some pictures of the contents of the Schatzkiste, including:

- Puerto Rico buildings
- San Juan cards
- Cards for Notre Dame
- Cards for Wie Verhexxt!
- Tiles for Im Jahr des Drachen



Good info, but how have I not heard about the game above it, Alea Iacta Est?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
jerkules wrote:
Good info, but how have I not heard about the game above it, Alea Iacta Est?


It was mentioned by BaSL in this great geeklist: Nürberg Messe 2009.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonM wrote:
Guard room
At the start of a round
Players without a guard room must reduce the hand stack to 6 cards.
1 Victory point



Funny I translated the "Wachstube" as Wax Tube not as Guard Room
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonM wrote:

Goldsmith
Gold Seeker Phase
Owner receives a card from his hand stack when he has not yet built this building.
3 Victory points


The owner of this building gets a card, if he hasn't built this building?

If he hasn't built it, he's not the owner, and therefore doesn't get a card.

So once he builds it, he's now the owner, but he only gets a card if he *hasn't* built it, but he has, so he still doesn't get the card.

zombie

Can somebody who speaks german please try and figure this one out?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
LeonM wrote:

Goldsmith
Gold Seeker Phase
Owner receives a card from his hand stack when he has not yet built this building.
3 Victory points


The owner of this building gets a card, if he hasn't built this building?

If he hasn't built it, he's not the owner, and therefore doesn't get a card.

So once he builds it, he's now the owner, but he only gets a card if he *hasn't* built it, but he has, so he still doesn't get the card.

zombie

Can somebody who speaks german please try and figure this one out?


This translation is correct. I came up with

Quote:
Goldsmith

Gold search phase

The owner receives one card from the pile into his/her hand, if s/he has NOT built this building yet


I guess you show the Goldsmith card from your hand and then draw another card??

Perhaps there are rules to explain it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, Melissa.

Yeah, I guess you're right, there must be some new rules coming into play here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it!

(Well, I think I have)

I suspect what you do is DRAW one card from the pile. If you haven't already built that building (on the card you drew), then you add it to your hand.

The "if you haven't already built it" doesn't refer to the goldsmithy but to the building you draw.

Thoughts?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Yes, that makes sense. thumbsup

So, it's a free card sometimes, which matches the sense of hunting for gold the prospector usually has.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
I think my initial translation made the card confusing for you.

The second part ("not yet built this building") was correct,
but the first part ("receives a card from his hand stack") must be wrong!

Melissa wrote: "from the pile into his/her hand".
That makes sense.
Excuse me and thanks for correcting!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonM wrote:
I think my initial translation made the card confusing for you.

The second part ("not yet built this building") was correct,
but the first part ("receives a card from his hand stack") must be wrong!

Melissa wrote: "from the pile into his/her hand".
That makes sense.
Excuse me and thanks for correcting!


Nah, I think the card itself is confusing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's just one of those language things. "This" implies a proximity, a close coupling. Since it's written on a building, "this building" therefore means the building it's written on.

If it was written "The owner receives one card from the pile into his/her hand, if s/he has NOT built that building yet", then I think it becomes clearer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Yeah, it's just one of those language things. "This" implies a proximity, a close coupling. Since it's written on a building, "this building" therefore means the building it's written on.

If it was written "The owner receives one card from the pile into his/her hand, if s/he has NOT built that building yet", then I think it becomes clearer.


Agreed.

The issue is that the German text itself is not clear to me. Perhaps I am missing a subtlety but I think it would be clearer if they used 'jenes' (bit old fashioned maybe) to point to the drawn card and 'dieses' to the Goldsmithy. (I am sure one of our German friends will jump in and howl me down if this is waaaaay off-base ... please ...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
The issue is that the German text itself is not clear to me. Perhaps I am missing a subtlety but I think it would be clearer if they used 'jenes' (bit old fashioned maybe) to point to the drawn card and 'dieses' to the Goldsmithy. (I am sure one of our German friends will jump in and howl me down if this is waaaaay off-base ... please ...)

The german text isn't clear to me, either. I had no idea at all how the card was intended to work.
(and you're right about "jenes", too - if your interpretation of the effect is valid, which i assume)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think about how all buildings function in san jaun, it seems logical that it would be the action of the building. You will probably have to present the drawn card to the rest of the players to prove that you haven't built it previously onto the table..then place it in your hand. But is this a whole new role/phase?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, it's the current Prospector phase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.