Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Matthews
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the privilege of playing this unique game with the game designers who happen to live in the area and drop in on our gaming group from time to time. While I'm not usually one for political games, this one actually resembles our U.S. model of democracy in electing our leaders, and had a lot more player-player influence than I had expected.

This game plays relatively fast and forces you to make tough decisions as you can never do all the actions you want or need to execute. Players compete to gain favor of voting member of a tribe of cannibals looking to replace their recently deceased leader by playing "platform" cards (cards that represent important issues to the voting population)that they think will gain them the most favor among the voters and ultimately result in accruing the most votes to become the leader.

Just as in real-life politics, players often resort to smear campaigns where they force other players to weaken their strength in a particular platform and hopefully make the other players lose enough influence in the platform that they can no longer compete and must choose another campaign platform to angle for votes.

All-in-all, this is a neat game with great artwork and good player interaction. I think this game shines in that players compete up til the very end, and there is little to no risk for a runaway leader. This could be a great game, I'm going to wait for a few more plays before I rate this game among my favorites like Citadels and Carcassonne. Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.