Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Will pay your mortgage for GG! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I will pay your mortgage for your GG! Here are the prerequisites to me paying your mortgage:

1 You must be one of the folks that this 'mortgage stimulus' will help.

2 You must have an ARM and have never owned a home before. Also, you cannot have read any of the contracts you signed or expect contract law to mean anything to anyone.

3 You must whine and cry and expect that the government is your savior and all of this is not your fault. The predatory lenders and the evil corporations as well as George Bush lured you into the trap of home ownership.

4 You buy into the idea that Socialism is a good thing. Yup, everyone supporting your sorry behind, that's what it's all about. Work is for the stupid. The smart ones get someone else to pay their way.

5 You must have said "Capitalism is bad" at least once in the past month.

6 It's never been your fault....ever. Hell, you were just trying to get into a home where the payment COULD become twice your monthly income, but nothing bad ever happens to you, unless the Man is after you.

aaaaannnddd: You must promise to not vote for anything ever again and that includes playing Battlestar Galactica and Apples to Apples.

Why am I doing this? Hell, I'm gonna be paying your stinking mortgage anyway, so I might as well get something for it.

Please note, if you are losing your home because of loss of income due to medical bills or job loss, or if you are current on your payments and in all other ways have been a responsible human being, trying to pay your own way, this offer and all included sarcasm does not pertain to you.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Please note, if you are losing your home because of loss of income due to medical bills or job loss, or if you are current on your payments and in all other ways have been a responsible human being, trying to pay your own way, this offer and all included sarcasm does not pertain to you.



Everyone always feels like they need to bring up this caveat, but you know, haven't there always been some number of home foreclosures. Life can really screw you sometimes and you have to dig yourself out. So, why should the poor sap that lost his job or is buried in medical bills get bailed out of his house debt now, when that same poor slob 5 years ago didn't. If we as a society feel that we should help support these people, great, lets get some legislation going for continueing assistance for these types of circumstances (there's probably already are some), but let's stop pussy-footing around with this as an excuse for why the stimulus package is "not completely just for asshole-greedy-stupid-losers."



Back on topic. That is a great idea okiedokie, however I will refrain from taking up your offer as I think it's really just a ruse to draw these people out so that they may be publicly bitch-slapped.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
:d6-4: You buy into the idea that Socialism is a good thing. Yup, everyone supporting your sorry behind, that's what it's all about. Work is for the stupid. The smart ones get someone else to pay their way.

:d6-5: You must have said "Capitalism is bad" at least once in the past month.


I think any sensible society should include both socialism and capitalism, as well as a few other isms as well. Who would be silly enough to think that a society based exclusively on one ism would be an effective tool for looking after a diverse group of people?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob,
the only reason I put that caveat in there was because I didn't want to direct sarcasm towards those folks. I don't think they deserve a federal bailout either.

I lost a house and I learned a hell of a lot.

On a side note, the Socialism I hate is federally imposed Socialism. I don't mind helping folks with my money. I despise any entity that TAKES my money and uses it in their Social agenda.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:

1 You must be one of the folks that this 'mortgage stimulus' will help.


not a yank so tits.

okiedokie wrote:

2 You must have an ARM and have never owned a home before. Also, you cannot have read any of the contracts you signed or expect contract law to mean anything to anyone.


got two ARMS is that what you meant?
does contact law mean anything to anyone. tried to read
my mortgage once left me an a catatonic state for a week.
Saved from drowning in my own drool by a friendly
neighbourhood cat.

Mortgage contract, obfuscate much?

okiedokie wrote:

3 You must whine and cry and expect that the government is your savior and all of this is not your fault. The predatory lenders and the evil corporations as well as George Bush lured you into the trap of home ownership.


Well I saved my money in the scheme which offered good returns,
I think it's name was ponzi or was it certificate of deposit
I cannot remember.

the lenders haven't tried to break my legs yet, does that mean
they weren't predatory?

I am pretty sure the agents name was not george bush but I will
check and get back to you.

okiedokie wrote:

4 You buy into the idea that Socialism is a good thing. Yup, everyone supporting your sorry behind, that's what it's all about. Work is for the stupid. The smart ones get someone else to pay their way.


what people working together to achieve something is a good thing?
how could anyone believe that.

okiedokie wrote:

5 You must have said "Capitalism is bad" at least once in the past month.


yeah fuck people money rules the world!!!

okiedokie wrote:

6 It's never been your fault....ever. Hell, you were just trying to get into a home where the payment COULD become twice your monthly income, but nothing bad ever happens to you, unless the Man is after you.


hey I still maintain I never worked for citigroup. Or the man even
though i offer reasonable rates.

okiedokie wrote:

aaaaannnddd: You must promise to not vote for anything ever again and that includes playing Battlestar Galactica and Apples to Apples.


I am pretty sure the person i voted for wasn't called anything,
i'll have to check and get back to you.

okiedokie wrote:

Why am I doing this? Hell, I'm gonna be paying your stinking mortgage anyway, so I might as well get something for it.


you are sweet, would you like a jelly baby?

okiedokie wrote:

Please note, if you are losing your home because of loss of income due to medical bills or job loss, or if you are current on your payments and in all other ways have been a responsible human being, trying to pay your own way, this offer and all included sarcasm does not pertain to you.


They shoulda had insurance, they knew the score greedy buggers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.