Subject: Scoring monopoly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Ploch
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
say you set a time limit for monopoly. You want to find out who wins by counting the value of owned assets. What is the proper way of counting?

My thought is you pretend each player is going bankrupt and sell the houses and mortgage the properties and find out the total amount of cash they could raise and the highest total wins.

Looking at the tournament score sheet though, they give the player much more credit for owning the property. Is there a definitive method of doing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that you count money, sell houses and hotels, then total up the purchase cost of owned properties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lott
United States
Cheverly
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the rules mentioned that you'd look at the mortgaged values of properties, plus value of houses & hotels, plus cash. But it's been awhile since I've looked at them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancerInDC wrote:
I thought the rules mentioned that you'd look at the mortgaged values of properties, plus value of houses & hotels, plush cash. But it's been awhile since I've looked at them!

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
Un-Mortgaged Properties give you full face value (Say, $400 for Boardwalk).

Mortgaged properties give you half face value (Say, $200 for Boardwalk).

Houses/Hotels give you full value - you do not sell them back at half price. So, Boardwalk with two houses would be worth $800.

You can see an official scoring sheet here:
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/2ywqq73zxs/Mono...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.