Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card Zap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris X.
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a Card Zap card be card zaped? Example: I play a Plague card, my opponent then plays a Card Zap on me and then i immediately play a Card Zap on him. Does my Plague card take any effect at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hill
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Astronomy is a hobby. Programming is a job.
badge
Jupiter imaged by me featuring the shadow of a Moon and the Great Red Spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. If a card zap is zapped, it is as if the zap hadn't been played. In theory, the zap of the zap could be zapped, but I think there are only two in the deck (at the moment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toomai Glittershine
Canada
flag msg tools
Think about Card Zaps taking the form of a computer's Undo/Redo function. Playing one acts as an Undo. Playing both (that is, the second one on the first one) acts as a Redo.

And yes, if there were more Card Zaps in the deck, you could zap the zap that tried to zap the original target. In a Card Zap chain like this, an odd number of zaps means the target is stopped, while an even number of Card Zaps all cancel each other out and the original target continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Guthrie
msg tools
mb
I haven't played Magic The Gathering in a while, but a buddy explained how to resolve this kind of issue in that game: Just stack up the cards until everyone's done playing them, then resolve them in the reverse order to which they were played. In your example, you have a stack that might look like this:

Card Zap (2)
Card Zap (1)
Flare

If you pick up the 2nd Card Zap and resolve it, that means that you remove and discard the 1st Card Zap. That leaves you with the Flare, which you resolve as if nothing had happened after playing it.

If you had another Card Zap played on the 2nd card zap, with a stack that looks like this:

Card Zap (3)
Card Zap (2)
Card Zap (1)
Flare

Then (3) removes (2), and (1) removes the Flare.

This would work with any set of cards that are used to affect the last card played. Of course it rarely gets that complicated. If someone wants to get rid of the flare, and the 2nd zap is played, you can also just remove 1 and 2, and then zap the Flare directly with a third Card Zap to the same effect -- instead of zapping the zap that zapped the first zap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.