Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Four of us started a game of Um Reifenbreite, on the Tour de France map, which includes both hills.

Colin got an early start thanks to some good dice rolling, and playing some cards to get in a good position for the first sprint. It worked well for him, with him taking the first two sprint points, with Sharon picking up the third by following his second bike. But then his riders seemed to have tired themselves out. On the next turn both dismounted, as he rolled 5 and 4 on the respective squares. Then his next two bikes dismounted the next turn, moving him from a position near the front to near the back.

This put James into the lead going over the hill with two of his bikes, Sharon following closely behind with a pair of her own bikes. James decided not to play cards on the downhill straight and rolled low, enabling Sharon to play cards and pass him, but rolling 2s meant she didn't get over the line, stopping just short. Mike, just behind, played one card and rolled a 6 to go straight through the second sprint point first. However, no other bikes were on the downhill straight, so Sharon was still able to pick up the remaining sprint points for the second sprint. The rest of the bikes still seemed to be struggling with the steepness of the hill, but gradually they all managed it, except for Colin's bike 1, in last position, that was moving up at a speed of 1 every two turns.

The cobbles started filling up with bikes. James at the back looks at the position "There are enough people I can reach I must be able to end up behind someone" he says, and chooses not to play a card. He rolls - and gets a 2! Nearest bike, 3 squares!

The bikes started climbing the second hill. Sharon's bikes seemed to be tiring and were overtaken by Mike and James climbing the hill. Meanwhile Colin's bike 1 is still stuck on the previous hill!! Colin's first three bikes reach the second hill, but the first one dismounts, rolling a 2 on a 2. The next turn both his other 2 bikes roll 2s as well.

The final hill proved to be where James caught up well, and earned him second position overall. Mike's first bike was well out in front, but James managed second and third, and Sharon's sprint points weren't enough to catch him.

Final positions:
Mike 136
James 119
Sharon 109
Colin 81

I don't think I've ever seen so many dismounts in a race. I was the only person not to have to dismount in the entire rate - but I did move just one square several times. James and Mike both fell a handful of times, and Colin was losing at least one rider to a dismount each turn once we hit the hills - he would have been doing great in a game where rolling Snake Eyes was the object of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.