Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cook
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they're listed as promo cards, but shouldn't promotional material actually be something given away to promote interest in a game? This is really just a mini-expansion. Or has there been any information about these potentially being available at, say, GenCon or Origins (or even available to buy anywhere than through BGG)? Otherwise it should probably be listed in the BGG store as a BGG-exclusive expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they could be classed as a promotional card... I do not own the game as yet and have purchased a set of these... I might end up purchasing the game simply because of this 'promotional' set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwcook123 wrote:
Well, they're listed as promo cards, but shouldn't promotional material actually be something given away to promote interest in a game? This is really just a mini-expansion. Or has there been any information about these potentially being available at, say, GenCon or Origins (or even available to buy anywhere than through BGG)?

The Envoy was a giveaway at the Vienna game festival last year.
It has been hinted that the black market will be a giveaway in the german Spielbox magazine.

The publishers decided to make them available to everybody, and make an additional distribution through BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I just wish the Envoy would stop looking at me that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cook
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:

The publishers decided to make them available to everybody, and make an additional distribution through BGG.

But is the BGG availability an "additional distribution", or the only distribution (at least for those of us in the US)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is the plan. The $0.01 cost is just to facilitate the store software bwing used with the only real cost being the $5 shipping & handling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.