Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love PortlandMicrobadge: I love JapanMicrobadge: Portland Trailblazers fanMicrobadge: Pu-Erh drinkerMicrobadge: Rainbow
Right now, we're at 767 items, just 64 items short of tying the largest no-shipping trade (BGG Con 2008 with 831). Can we top that in the time remaining?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Microbadge: Extended Stats userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: 2018 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
rgatti wrote:
Right now, we're at 767 items, just 64 items short of tying the largest no-shipping trade (BGG Con 2008 with 831). Can we top that in the time remaining?
I still need to add my items.
If need be, I can start throwing in my "Deluxe Paper Clip Bundles"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love PortlandMicrobadge: I love JapanMicrobadge: Portland Trailblazers fanMicrobadge: Pu-Erh drinkerMicrobadge: Rainbow
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
rgatti wrote:
I still need to add my items.
If need be, I can start throwing in my "Deluxe Paper Clip Bundles"
Ah, that's good. I don't think I have another 65 items I can enter. cool

Also, we're probably a little higher due to the %Options% items, but those don't appear in the OLWLG summary (beyond 1 item) which is where the final count is likely to come from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
Microbadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: TSR fanMicrobadge: Dungeons & Dragons fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Doctor Strange fan
Record broken. 846 and counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
artfuldodge2 wrote:
And much larger than the previous second largest no shipping trade (491 items - GameStorm 2008).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Microbadge: To infinity ... and beyond!Microbadge: EastFront fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
For me, part of it was getting it up early enough that I had plenty of time to start thinking about it instead of waiting until the last minute.

Dave's also doing a great job with communicating and e-mails to make sure folks don't forget a deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[edit] never mind -- all squared away now that the submit works (thanks!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Global Religious Tolerance
The "Submit Your Lists Here" button has been turned on. You may now submit your want lists through the OLWLG.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Stick Figure fanMicrobadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Thrift King's CounsellorMicrobadge: Futurama fan
autumnweave wrote:
For me, part of it was getting it up early enough that I had plenty of time to start thinking about it instead of waiting until the last minute.
Yeah, I've found the extended submission period to be very helpful. Much easier for me to get a lot of stuff up if I can spread it out over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Alpha Centauri Computer Game fanMicrobadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!Microbadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: Rainbow
So what if a bunch of us got onto the Gamestorm planning committee and better represented the interests of the boardgaming community? Is there any crossover between the RPG people and the boardgamers? Or are we just there to beef up their numbers? Would there be benefits to keeping the RPG people together with the board game people? Or would we benefit from splitting the two?

In case this isn't the right place to post this, I'll pose the question again in the local guild forum with some more questions to ponder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke
badge
Do or do not, there is no try.
Microbadge: Bluegrass fanMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fanMicrobadge: I Love SnowMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
themilkcrate wrote:
The "Submit Your Lists Here" button has been turned on. You may now submit your want lists through the OLWLG.

David
DONE! Oh yeah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
Microbadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: TSR fanMicrobadge: Dungeons & Dragons fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Doctor Strange fan
rgatti wrote:
artfuldodge2 wrote:
And much larger than the previous second largest no shipping trade (491 items - GameStorm 2008).
I guess it could be explained by a number of factors. The first one went well so increased confidence in the process, expanded local gaming community, more experience and awareness with Math Trades generally, folks have larger collections this year than they did last year, experience with math trades and the benefit of longer submission periods, improvements in the OLWLG, etc.

AND David's a rock star moderator...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
artfuldodge2 wrote:
David's a rock star moderator...
Walking in the footsteps of giants, Ken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I posted the want lists that I'm missing to the front page. This is a great place for you to double-check to make sure your wants were received by me.

Please remember that you need to submit your want lists via the OLWLG (not just enter them). This requires that you click the forest green link ("Submit Your Lists Here!") on the top of page 4 and then click "Submit My Wants" in order to have your wants accepted (and in order for me to access them for the trade).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Spiel fanMicrobadge: CascadianMicrobadge: Hartford Yard Goats fanMicrobadge: Garrett's Games and Geekiness fanMicrobadge: I speak Spiel
Quote:
AND David's a rock star moderator...
Excuse me? David's a freakin' rock star moderator...!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
Microbadge: Magic: the Gathering - I play with blackMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Lamentations of the Flame Princess RPG fanMicrobadge: I have daringly delved into the Dungeon of Doom where dark denizens dwellMicrobadge: Heroscape fan
This will be my first time attending GameStorm (and doing a math trade!) and I'm curious about some logistics...

So there was a discussion about food at the hotel, no food in the convention area, etc. I am wondering if there's food sold inside the convention area? Is there NO food, or no OUTSIDE food? Will I have to leave the convention hall to find something to eat? I don't care about what I eat or when, as long as I can eat...and I just want to know if I need to leave gaps in my schedule for this or if I'll be able to grab something quick and go on to the next game.

The other main question I have, in your experience, are the games done by the time posted on the schedule or do they run late? So will I be able to play a game from 1-6 and then play another game in a different spot from 6-8?

Any other tips for newbies would be welcome!
I'm can't wait for this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Still waiting on the last few wantlists. We have at least one trader who is feverishly working on finishing them up. With such a long trade timeline, I want to give him the chance to complete his lists before running the trade. Thanks for your patience!

As a teaser, the most recent results involve over 55 of the 65 people listing items in the trade and has over 25% of the items trading. Hopefully these last want lists will bump up both of those numbers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
Microbadge: I print my own components.Microbadge: The Quest for El Dorado fanMicrobadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: Pinball fanMicrobadge: Factory Fun fan
crunk_posby wrote:
This will be my first time attending GameStorm (and doing a math trade!) and I'm curious about some logistics...

So there was a discussion about food at the hotel, no food in the convention area, etc. I am wondering if there's food sold inside the convention area? Is there NO food, or no OUTSIDE food? Will I have to leave the convention hall to find something to eat? I don't care about what I eat or when, as long as I can eat...and I just want to know if I need to leave gaps in my schedule for this or if I'll be able to grab something quick and go on to the next game.

The other main question I have, in your experience, are the games done by the time posted on the schedule or do they run late? So will I be able to play a game from 1-6 and then play another game in a different spot from 6-8?

Any other tips for newbies would be welcome!
I'm can't wait for this weekend!
This is my first time as well. However, I have a friend who has been before - he says the hospitality room is a good place to go for a quick bite -- apparently there are lots of options (fruit, crackers, snack stuff, other more substantial food, microwaves and, if I remember correctly, frozen meals) and it's 'free' with donations recommended (i.e. pay for what it's worth to you) - something like that. Also, see here for GameStorm 11 ideas for food, parking, etc: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40625/item/891306

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
In my experience, the hospitality room is hit or miss. There was always "something" available, but more in the form of snacks versus anything nourishing. It just depends on when you get there - so I wouldn't count on it as meal replacement.

I plan on packing some grub and eating outside or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
Microbadge: Magic: the Gathering - I play with blackMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Lamentations of the Flame Princess RPG fanMicrobadge: I have daringly delved into the Dungeon of Doom where dark denizens dwellMicrobadge: Heroscape fan
So it sounds like there's no food at all in the convention area. No concession or vending or anything? So we need to leave the convention area to get food? (Or is the hospitality room in the convention area?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Everett
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
Microbadge: RadioactiveMicrobadge: Rubber DuckyMicrobadge: LEGO fanMicrobadge: Necromunda fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome fan
themilkcrate wrote:
Still waiting on the last few wantlists. We have at least one trader who is feverishly working on finishing them up. With such a long trade timeline, I want to give him the chance to complete his lists before running the trade. Thanks for your patience!
No matter how much time you give people there will always be a few who wait for the last minute. Any updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Sedlacek
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Martin Luther King, Jr.Microbadge: Gamestorm attendeeMicrobadge: EpiscopalianMicrobadge: EGG head - eugene games gala fanMicrobadge: Blues Brothers fan
I don't remember what games he has, but I'm open to waiting for a while longer until figarojones checks in. Seems like 40 some-odd games is a lot to remove from the trade . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
cuzzle wrote:
No matter how much time you give people there will always be a few who wait for the last minute. Any updates?
Dan reformatted his computer last night and had the time wrong, so he thought he was getting his wants in at 2:00, but really had them in at 3:00. His wants for his 63 items boosted the number of trades by 32, and increased our trade percentage to 29.3%, so I feel it was worth the wait.

WesSed wrote:
I don't remember what games he has, but I'm open to waiting for a while longer until figarojones checks in. Seems like 40 some-odd games is a lot to remove from the trade . . .
Sean hasn't contacted me about his want lists, so I'm planning on moving ahead without them, although his wants for his 42 items would probably boost the results as well.

I've been combing over the results to make sure they don't have any problems with duplicate protection. A few people used it incorrectly, but so far it hasn't resulted in any duplication. With so many new traders, I want to make sure everyone is happy with the results.

I will post the results soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
Microbadge: To infinity ... and beyond!Microbadge: EastFront fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
crunk_posby wrote:
So it sounds like there's no food at all in the convention area. No concession or vending or anything? So we need to leave the convention area to get food? (Or is the hospitality room in the convention area?)

In previous years the hospitality suite has been in a separate room. I posted some details on food here. On of the Gamestorm organizers mentioned there that the hotel will have a concession stand going, and they also have a coffee stand. What's missing from this convention is a nearby 7-11, so you'll probably want to bring all your snack food with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
Sorry about that. I was watching the time very closely, but while doing the wipe/reload yesterday somehow the computer clock was set back by one hour. So I submitted at what I thought was 2pm, but was actually 60 minutes late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] |