Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: warhammer [+] quest [+] heroquest [+] [View All]
Roberto Bontemps
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several nights ago a buddy of mine brought over a copy of HeroQuest that was pretty much brand new. He said he and his brother got it years ago but only played it a few times. He wanted to play but never has had a group or that much of a interest.I have the original and a couple of expansions stored at my gaming groups hq but we havent played in years. The rules were foggy but after a quick glance at the rule book and two more buddies coming over we had a party. I was the GM Zargon(hehe that never gets old) and we made a night of if. The entire night we kept laughing about how much fun we were all having in our late twenty's with a game we enjoyed as kids. My copy has been sitting on my cousin's shelf since I was about 14 so I wasnt sure how well the game would hold up.
We made it through three quests before we we called it a night but my thirst for questing was not quelled. I had to jump online and find out what were the names of the other off shoots of Heroquest that I vaguely remembered. One of my buddies said he had Warhammer Quest but lost it to mold. I couldnt remember that one for the life of me and since I just got into Warhammer Fanstasy Roleplay a couple of months back I was very interested. Well its a week later and I scored Warhammer Quest and its two expansions(minus the figs) for $80 bucks. Saying I will be waiting by my mailbox excited is a understatement. No figures isnt that big of a deal to me because I have got alot of miniatures already. I will try and track down the main heroes of the game regardless because it only seems right. Sorry about the rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just picked up Descent but have not had a chance to play it yet. Once my brain recovers from my thesis work I'm going to give it a run through. It seems pretty similar-ish to Warhammer: Quest. The four expansions look like a load of fun too. You might give Descent a shot if you get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.