Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
It has happened twice in missions one and two, I drew a hill card then drew a marsh card. It seems odd to me to have a marsh on top of a hill. When I think of a marsh I usually think of a low lying area or flat. There is nothing in the rules saying not to put a marsh on top of a hill. I was curious to see what other people thought of this, is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Steve. This came up a while back on Consimworld. It is perfectly legal, of course, for the Marsh to be at level one (or higher). But here's the exact quote from the designer on the question:

It is possible, based on drainage and topography, a stream that is dammed would create a marshy area up stream and uphill. Some hills are terraced for farming and can thus be flattened and become marshy. However if it bothers you, draw again, it is solitaire so your opponent shouldn't object.

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Scotland, and we have quite a few boggy hill tops... I guess it's because it rains here so much, that it can't all drain away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It is possible, based on drainage and topography, a stream that is dammed would create a marshy area up stream and uphill. Some hills are terraced for farming and can thus be flattened and become marshy. However if it bothers you, draw again, it is solitaire so your opponent shouldn't object.

OK, that would makes sense and the rainy boggs. Thanks guys for your answers. I kept it for mission two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.