Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this over the weekend and the event that made players play one less master builder appeared. I had a card to discard the negative effects of the event. How I said the rule should go is that everyone should have taken one builder out of the bag except for me. They said that it should be that they don't place their 3rd builder on the builder track and they keep all builders in the bag. I need some clarification on this because the card wasn't from the expansion and do the builders in the builder track count for this event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Goodall
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I've read it here (or in the base game forums) that you leave the MBs in the bag but the third one gets ignored when drawn. This does matter as it affects the odds of drawing the first two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the expansion and 6 players, only two go in the bag. The third stays on the side and is placed on the track and is not drawn out of the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The expansion rules cover this under the "Note" under the Master Builder Track section on page2:

Quote:
Note: If the event card is revealed that allows only 2 master builders to be used next round, place only one master builder for each player into the bag, and use the track as described above.

So 1 in the bag to be drawn, 1 on the side to be placed on the track as they are drawen, and 1 to be ignored for each player.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about the 2nd part of your question. And so given your ability to ignore the event, you would have placed 2 in the bag and played as normal. everyone else would only have had the 1 in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.