Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a while they seemed to work, and now they don't again. So I posting a likely repeat bug in case it was fixed and is now broken by some other tweak.

- I have Recent Additions set to "Restrict to Games" and I am seeing forum threads as items.

- I have my forum filters set to exclude all other countries and regions, kids, classroom, and trades yet I still see them on the front page.

Edit: It eeems my first item was caused by a game post being moved into RSP. I suppose still a bug, but more of a minor one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
One filter that doesn't work is My Collection in Recent Additions, (at least) Comments to pictures/files disappear. I have reported in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did forum filters ever affect the front page? I believe when I wrote them, they were only filtering (New Posts) from the forum menu.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/browse/region/1?sort=act...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Did forum filters ever affect the front page? I believe when I wrote them, they were only filtering (New Posts) from the forum menu.

Ok, then I submit that as a request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Ok, then I submit that as a request.

Would it be acceptable to just skip over rows that contain these forums? That's the "easy" way out for me to make this work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Would it be acceptable to just skip over rows that contain these forums? That's the "easy" way out for me to make this work.

Now sure what you mean. How is the easy way different from the hard way as far as display is concerned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the forum filters did used to filter the front page, and it was wonderful!

Just skipping those rows seems reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.