Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
..and for these three games this price is a bargain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kruse
United States
Cavour
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have wanted to get into this series for a couple of years now, my question is...how many people utilize all three of these games? I know it is a great deal, but if one or two of them never hit the table it isn't worth the great deal.

rdk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƃɹǝqlɐ∀ ɹᴉǝפ
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eastfront II is a steal at $50, but I'm not sure if the others are for me. I'm not into monster campaign games, and minigames in Spain or Norway don't hold much interest. Do I really need EuroFront in order to get the Finns that took part in Barbarossa, or can I skip it and get something playable like Rommel in the Desert instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaph wrote:
I have wanted to get into this series for a couple of years now, my question is...how many people utilize all three of these games? I know it is a great deal, but if one or two of them never hit the table it isn't worth the great deal.

rdk

geira wrote:
Eastfront II is a steal at $50, but I'm not sure if the others are for me. I'm not into monster campaign games, and minigames in Spain or Norway don't hold much interest. Do I really need EuroFront in order to get the Finns that took part in Barbarossa, or can I skip it and get something playable like Rommel in the Desert instead?

I regularly play EastFrontII and WestfrontII. EurofrontII is not as appealing as the other two. It offers a few small scenario's (Fall of Poland, Fall of France and the Low Countries etc.) and the blocks to play these scenarios with. A lot of bookkeeping is required because of the political events that can or may occur. I use EuroFrontII mostly for playing the "Spanish Civil War" scenario which is a fun scenario to play. On the other hand, owning all three games is the onliest way to be able to play the entire ETO during WW2 from 1939 to 1945.

I haven't combined EastFrontII and WestFrontII up until now for a simple reason: lack of space. The mapboards are gigantic! My gaming table isn"t large enough for just one map, let alone twó maps. In that way RitD is a good alternative for EuroFrontII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My situation is similar to Jan's. I've gotten a lot of play out of EastFront 2, a fair amount out of WestFront 2 (much less than EastFront 2, but much more than many of my other wargames), and "just a bit" out of EuroFront 2. EuroFront 2 may actually be more game than I can handle, in terms of the additional complexity. (And it's definitely more game than my table can handle!)

I've also gotten a lot of play out of Rommel in the Desert, so personally I wouldn't hesitate to get that instead of EuroFront 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novean
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bundle has piqued my interest. Also trying to decide on what exactly to buy. EastFront 2 is a no brainer. Probably get WestFront to have the map. But EuroFront vs Rommel is a tough call. I don't know if I'll get EuroFront played, ever, so might substitute Rommel for the 3rd game.

Heck, I'm thinking it is going to be a challenge to find an opponent and time for EF2... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Russo
Italy
Pomigliano D'Arco - Napoli
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing Eurofront II since ....
... very long.
It's excellent if:
- You got a 2 x 1,60mt table (80 x 64 inch) like we do
- You got plenty of time (40 + hours)
- You are an addicted to 2WW history

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƃɹǝqlɐ∀ ɹᴉǝפ
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enrico_russo wrote:

It's excellent if:
- You got a 2 x 1,60mt table (80 x 64 inch) like we do
- You got plenty of time (40 + hours)
- You are an addicted to 2WW history

No, no, and yes. But this thread has a good reason for buying Eurofront: Since Westfront only covers 43-45, you need it to play the invasion of France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.