Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How big is the box for Conan? I used to think it'd be the same as Descent or TI3, but now I'm not so sure... it looks like it'll be the same width, but a shorter length than Descent (but longer than the Arkham Horror boxes).

Also, I want a review to read - get CRACKING !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The box size 40 x 27 x 8 cms

It weighs about 3 kilos

I played it yesterday for the first timeand it's amazing - straight to the top of my hot 10. I will write a review after a couple more plays but i'd say that waiting for a review is wasting precious Conan time - go get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been under the assumption that it'll be the same size as the War of the Ring box. Map is half the size of WotR (or same size, WotR just has 2 pieces) from what I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:

It weighs about 3 kilos

I played it yesterday for the first timeand it's amazing - straight to the top of my hot 10. I will write a review after a couple more plays but i'd say that waiting for a review is wasting precious Conan time - go get it.

Same size box as War Of The Ring then, it seems?

Can you give a quick couple of paragraphs as to why Conan is so good - anything original & innovative about it, game length, difficulty, etc? Nothing major, just some first impressions would be excellent !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have written a quick and dirty review. www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/383909

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:

That's great! Thaadd had told me the box of the designer's prototype was the size of TWO War of the Ring boxes, and I was really concerned about shelf space. FFG themselves could learn a bit from Nexus in that department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Sorp222 wrote:

That's great! Thaadd had told me the box of the designer's prototype was the size of TWO War of the Ring boxes, and I was really concerned about shelf space. FFG themselves could learn a bit from Nexus in that department.

If that is indeed the box size, then it is considerably smaller than that of WotR. Which is a nice thing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, it is just the same size as the War of the Ring box.

The huge 2xWotR box is the one designed for Battles of Napoleon (which, believe it or not, apparently DOES need all that space).

It is quite true anyway that WotR, AoC and MotoGrandPrix (also the same size) are all VERY densely packed in their boxes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
It is quite true anyway that WotR, AoC and MotoGrandPrix (also the same size) are all VERY densely packed in their boxes!

I hope AoC is also neatly packed, with a nice plastic tray specially designed for the game. That's definitely another thing FFG could learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.