Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I have taken the Iron card on the previous turn and it is still in my hand. Can I take another Iron card?

So my question is: are you allowed to take duplicates of technology cards?

I think this is not allowed, but I was initially under the impression that you were just not permitted to take two of the same cards on the same turn.

I guess that is a follow up question. Are you allowed to take two "ideal building site" cards on the same turn? It would seem odd if you were not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You cannot take two identical technology cards over the course of the game. You cannot take two leaders of the same age period. You cannot take a wonder while you still have an incomplete wonder being built. You cannot take a card that would put you over your hand limit.

Those are the only limitations as to what can be taken from the civil card row. Whether they are taken on the same turn or different turns is not restricted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are also not allowed to take a leader from an age if you already have a leader from that age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
You cannot take two governments of the same age period.

Really? I just read through the rules again last night and don't recall this, and the most recent iteration of the 3rd edition Player Aid in the files here (so it's fan-made, but seems fairly comprehensive) doesn't mention this.

Could this rule be from a prior edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
waddball wrote:
dkeisen wrote:
You cannot take two governments of the same age period.

Really? I just read through the rules again last night and don't recall this, and the most recent iteration of the 3rd edition Player Aid in the files here (so it's fan-made, but seems fairly comprehensive) doesn't mention this.

Could this rule be from a prior edition?

No rule. No edition. I meant leader. Should not post before I wake up.

I will correct my above posting on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
You cannot take two identical technology cards over the course of the game.

The rules say something slightly different: You are not allowed to take a Technology card if you already have that same Technology in your hand or in play on the table.

I can think of at least two different ways one could legally take the same technology card twice in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
dcorban wrote:
I guess that is a follow up question. Are you allowed to take two "ideal building site" cards on the same turn? It would seem odd if you were not allowed.

Yes, thats allowed. There are different rules for taking the different types of cards. The only limitations to taking yellow cards is hand limit. BTW, I don't think 'Ideal Building Site' cards stack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
BFoy wrote:
BTW, I don't think 'Ideal Building Site' cards stack!
You're right, they don't. It costs a Civil Action to play a yellow card, at which point you can do whatever it is that the yellow card lets you do without further Civil Actions. So playing multiple Ideal Building Sites costs multiple Civil Actions and lets you build multiple buildings, but they don't stack toward a single building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have double-checked the rulebook. It's pretty clear. For some strange reason I remembered the rules saying something about not being able to take two of the same cards per turn. Blah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.