Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere but the issue came up the other day.

Let's say a wagon has been bid on and loaded by all players according to the rules. Now that wagon, for whatever reason, does not leave that city. The rules state that the Loading Master remains the same and can load no more than 3 of the same type of good, albeit not any of the same types loaded by the other players.

My question is can the Load Master have more than 3 goods loaded on the wagon? Three from the first turn and up to three from the following turn in the same city? The wagons appear to be able to hold no more than 3 goods in any one player's slot but it may be that for this unlikely event you just make note or pile the goods on top or travel with the extra goods next to the wagon. As a logical follow up to that question: Can the other players then load more than two goods total between the two turns in the same city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rubbo translation is clear on this. The same constraints on what can be loaded apply to the total items on the wagon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadm wrote:
The Rubbo translation is clear on this. The same constraints on what can be loaded apply to the total items on the wagon.

OK, that is what I thought but there seemed like there was a little wiggle room.

Quote:
A player remains Loading Master until the Wagon leaves the city. If the Wagon remains in the city until the next turn, he may add more goods of the same type to the Wagon free of charge (no closed auction occurs), and may continue negotiating with other players if they wish to load their goods. The normal restrictions still apply (no more than a total of 3 of the Loading Master's goods on the Wagon, which must all be of the same type; no more than a total of 2 goods for each of the other players; players' goods may not match those of the Loading Master). In this case, if the Loading Master initially did not place any goods into the Wagon, he is now restricted to load a type of good that the other players did not already load.

Normal restrictions could apply to how many can be loaded on the wagon, rather than the wagon's carrying capacity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
no more than a total of 3 of the Loading Master's goods on the Wagon,

that seems like a direct clarification to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadm wrote:
Quote:
no more than a total of 3 of the Loading Master's goods on the Wagon,

that seems like a direct clarification to me

I know it does, and I still see a potential ambiguity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.