2 Posts

Pursuit of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: multiple immediate jihad revolts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wayne heeley
Australia
flag msg tools
i believe the CP can trigger more than 1 immediate jihad revolt if he moves into 2 susceptible regions at the same time but wanted to check.

situation: jihad level 7, mission to afghanistan has been played.

e. persia CP-controlled but contested. 2 TU units there. the CP activates e. persia and moves 1 unit to c. asia (AP controlled and occupied) and 1 unit to afghanistan.

if i understand 16.3.3.3 correctly he gets an immediate jihad revolt for BOTH regions. is that correct?

secondly, i presume he can choose the sequence - obviously he'd choose c. asia first since it would automatically succeed (jihad is 7 and only an 8 is needed). this would then instantly increase jihad to 8, making the jihad revolt in afghanistan another automatic sucess (9 needed). correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stock
United States
Elsah
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you get that first free Jihad revolt die roll the moment a CP unit enters C Asia and again when one enters Afghanistan. You would later potentially get your once per turn Jihad revolt roll during the Revolution phase.

I didn't look up the numbers you reference to check you, but your logic is right. Jihad revolts can snowball or avalanche once they begin to occur when CP units are present -- devastatingly annoying (but not a game breaker) for the AP player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.