Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
My girlfriend loves bunnies. I love games (she does too, but to a lesser extent). So a game that features bunnies would be interesting to both of us, wouldn't it?

I bought Killer Bunnies a while ago, encouraged by the positive sounds I heard about the hilarious gameplay. We played it once, and for some reason we always picked other games from then on.

So it was time to take the game from the shelves again and play it again. We did so, and pretty soon we remembered why it had remained untouched for all those months.

There are damned few bunnies in the game. The game does not really live up to the reputation of bunnies being fast breeders. You get one bunny in your starting hand, and that's it for the moment. The first time we played, my girlfriend's bunny died rather quickly. My hand filled with weapons, so that when she got another bunny, it soon met the same fate. Weapons and "take a carrot" cards can only be played when you have a live bunny, so there was not really much to do for my girlfriend but wait till I had the last carrot card, and then win the game.

Last night the situation was reversed. My bunny got killed off in the second turn, and pretty soon every other bunny I drew would snuff it as well. The market was closed, so I couldn't even buy a carrot card (not that it would have helped me without bunnies, and not like I was getting anything close to getting $10 ... )

We placed the game back on the shelf again, and then nailed the box fixed to it, so that we really cannot make the mistake of taking it out a third time.

Edit: I changed the title to make it clear that I'm talking about sessions for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick M
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Two games ...
We used to have this problem until we discovered the rules on quitting the game and joining a game. They are both buried in the rule book. This will allow you to get back into a good starting position.

A second rule we added was to always have 3 or more players. No matter how you rank KB, a two player game will rank worse. This will also give you some relief on getting hit by players with a bunny already established.

A third rule is to never play with Wayne. He just doesn't like it, discounts the whole thing as random, and makes grimacing faces as you crush him into the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a new women attend out gameclub and she brought killer bunnies. Sounds funny I thought so we humored her (always good to try the new persons game). Wow, it wasnt really funny, and you couldn't really do anything either so most us just were frustrated for the hour and some change. I just don't get it. I have funny games, fun party games and good strategic games, and this one is neither.

Oh and I collected like 6 carrots but didnt have a bunny alive so she won with 1 carrot because she had a bunny. How rewarding.

If this was like 30 seconds it would be a brillant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lott
United States
Cheverly
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with Nick - I think this makes a lousy 2-player game. We only play this with bigger groups (5 or more) and that makes it fun.

Also it's much more tolerable when you add 1 or 2 booster packs. It increases the bunny ratio considerably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the comments about not being a good 2 player game. Also adding more booster packs definately adds to the game. For a quick 2 player KinderBunnies is much better for 2 players (also plays well with more) but is a very light game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.