Subject: No Protestant Spaces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José Luis Villarig
Spain
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
We are now playing a game by e-mail. Bad 95 thesis, the worst Worms Diet I have seen, a bad Reformation attempt and Luther excomunicated have come to this:
-All the spaces in the map are catolic.
-Luther is excomunicated.
-There are 2 protestant regulars in Wittenberg.

Now it is my turn to play the second impulse. I understand that I can't make Reformation attempts nowhere in the map (is this correct?). I also understand that I can't get anything for making a debate (except, maybe, disgracing a Papal debater and some VPs) as long as there are no suitable spaces for conversion (is this correct?).

So: what can I do? (apart from crying :p) I understand that I can only play cards as events or use them as points for the translations, as long as I don't complete them, because I wouldnt't receive any benefit from finishing translations. Is this also true?

How can I have had so bad luck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael heitz
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's happened before in our games. All you can do is (apart from playing cards for events) is translate the New Testament (don't complete them!) and save 2 cards for a big turn 2. Don't despair, I've seen the protestants come roaring back from a horrible start before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to bear in mind is that now you can spend the rest of the game saying "the pope's about to win, the pope's about to win, everybody give me card draws."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.