Galaxy Trucker: The Big Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: RR: Space Junk & returning from hyperspace rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rough Roads card Space Junk says that "it's evaluated after the adventure card is completely dealt with". So does a player who is returning from hyperspace suffer from this card?

We thought yes, because another RR card Engine Envy states that "a player who returns from hyperspace is considered to return at the end of the adventure card and will be shot at before the next adventure card is turned up".

Then again Space Junk doesn't mention hyperspace at all while Engine Envy very clearly takes this specific situation into account..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. Remember there's a difference between parts that fall off, and parts that are destroyed by lasers and meteors.

Also, are the Space Junk parts that hit other ships dealt with as individual tiles or as complete parts of the previous ship. So if 4 tiles where still attached to themselves but dislodged from the main ship, would you roll for 1 or 4 space junk projectiles? I think it's 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar question arise today with Somersault and hyperspace. My wife jumped to hyperspace when a Combat Zone card was revealed. The next card was Open Space. After resolving the Open Space card, her ship would reappear from hyperspace. Does she then rotate her ship 180 degrees, or does Somersault not apply to her because she wasn't around for the Open Space card?

We ruled she would still spin her ship, because Somersault triggers after the Open Space card is resolved. I'm not sure about this ruling, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man or Astroman wrote:

Also, are the Space Junk parts that hit other ships dealt with as individual tiles or as complete parts of the previous ship. So if 4 tiles where still attached to themselves but dislodged from the main ship, would you roll for 1 or 4 space junk projectiles? I think it's 4.

I'd say 4, because the pieces would break up after being lost from the ship. And because of the wording of the rules: "Components that fall off their ships during this barrage are accumulated in their special piles." Doesn't say anything about chunks being kept together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.