Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb

I was trying to capture the excitement of combat and general game play by taking a slow expose to blur their hand motion while keeping my subject in relative focus. I feel the tilt adds to the dynamic quality of the image... seeing as how this was rejected twice I'm curious to know what others think. Simply getting rejected is hardly feed back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blur does not equal excitement =)

If you want people to think that the subject of the image is having fun, he needs to show it in his face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent was not to have a posed photograph it was to show the game being played.

More to the point of posting this image is the question of whether or not its rejection in the geekmod system was justified. It seems to me that there is no reason to decline the image, yet it was declined twice for reasons that don't exist. Geekmod is supposed to get rid of completely crap images, not exclude images that the modders personally don't appreciate.

I can understand if someone doesn't like how I framed the subject, or if they don't share my opinion on how the card motion adds excitement, but that shouldn't mean that the image is rejected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mod this image, but I have to admit, I probably would have declined it. I don't know if I can even really put a finger on why, but to me, I think the blur is more distracting than helpful; IE, I can't tell what the "purpose" of the blur is just from looking at the image. Are they exchanging cards? Are the dice being rolled? I really can't tell.

To be honest, I think the picture in this case would have been better as a "static" shot, as while I agree that the motion of a tense battle can be exciting, in this shot the motion just seems to add confusion.

Just my take, for whatever it's worth. Again, I didn't actually mod this image, but that's part of my reasoning for what I *would* have done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.