Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the second installment of Things That Annoyed Me. Reading this makes us all better people.

1. Yogurt Thief - I wanted my yogurt for my 4:30 snack, but some unknown colleague nicked it. I was willing to give that person the benefit of the doubt and assume it fell out of the fridge and popped open, but when I walked by the trash can in the background, I noticed the lid--and only the lid--on top. Grrr. Still, it's not as bad as the time someone unwrapped my sandwich, took a bite, and put it back in the fridge.

2. Bands With Songs Named After Bands - A fellow geek's brother gave me a copy of his jazz band's CD. That was nice. I looked at the title of one track on my iPod and saw this:

Brilliant Coroners
Brilliant Coroners
Brilliant Coroners

Is that really necessary? Did Fun Lovin' Criminals really need to have their only something-resembling-a-hit called "Fun Lovin' Criminals"? It just screams of narcissism, although I don't know what to make of instrumentals like the Brilliant Coroners example above. It's even more annoying when I actually like the song like Afrirampo by Afrirampo or They Might Be Giants by They Might Be Giants. Brilliant Coroners.

3. Company's New Fridge Policy - All food items other than milk are now thrown out at 4pm Fridays, even the must-be-refrigerated habenero mustard I like to keep on hand.

4. People Hanging Out In Front of the Office's Bathroom Doors - Especially for trips that last more than 5 minutes if you know what I mean. Our bathrooms have no fans or music or insulation, so any noises could easily be heard through the door. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but those people saw me enter.

5. Hidden Tracks On Albums Made After 2003 - Pretty much everybody's got an mp3 player these days. Do you really need to have that last track consist of a song, ten minutes of silence, then 2 minutes of some toss off song? I have audio software on my computer to break these tracks up, but even that's an annoying chore.

6. Static Shocks In My Ear - This has been the most static electric season I've ever experienced. The worst part is when anything wool or plastic brushes against the wire of my headphones. It gives me a shock right in the ear canal. Not fun... especially since I wear a wool coat.

7. The 3 Reactions To Grapefruit - The best part about winter is grapefruits are very very cheap. I'll have one a day. Whenever I peel it, I get one of 3 reactions from people passing by: "That's healthy!", "Smells good!" and the worst: "what's that?". I vowed to give $5 to a person who says something other than that, but nobody has yet. The worst is "what's that" because it's always followed up with "grapefruit, eh?".

8. Peggle's Flaw - It's well established that I'm the world's greated iPod Zuma player. I've been playing it every day on the subway for nearly 2 years now. This morning, I opted for a change and downloaded Peggle. It's fun mindless pachinko action. It also stops whatever song I'm listening to when I select Save & Exit. In order to continue listening to the song that was just playing, I have to search it out, then approximate what point it left off at.

9. Shh! Gary Oldman's Talking! - I was trying to watch The 5th Element the other night when eggplantia got a little drunk. Ordinarily, her tipsy state is hilarious, but not this night. She managed to only talk during the parts where Gary Oldman is talking. For those of you who haven't seen the film, it's one of Oldman's finest roles. These days I watch it just to listen to his weird country-fried accent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading this makes us all better people.

Indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Welcome to the second installment of Things That Annoyed Me. Reading this makes us all better people.

3. Company's New Fridge Policy - All food items other than milk are now thrown out at 4pm Fridays, even the must-be-refrigerated habenero mustard I like to keep on hand.

Keep it in an empty milk carton?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
6. Static Shocks In My Ear - This has been the most static electric season I've ever experienced. The worst part is when anything wool or plastic brushes against the wire of my headphones. It gives me a shock right in the ear canal. Not fun... especially since I wear a wool coat.

I've had this happen several times in the past few weeks. Even worse though was last week when I removed my jacket from over my sweater and somehow managed to give a shock to my *ahem* lightning rod (if you catch my drift). blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also,

Love,
Kermie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
USB Fridge:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800997...

$24.99

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/96b3/

$19.99

No good mustard should be abused due to poor policy making
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
#5 Amen, bruthah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
USB Fridge:

$24.99

$19.99

Unfortunately, my company shut down everyone's USB drives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

2. Bands With Songs Named After Bands

Big Country - In a Big Country
Public Image Limited - Public Image (off of the S/T album).

erak wrote:
5. Hidden Tracks On Albums Made After 2003

UGH! What is worse are hidden tracks negative tracks, before the first song. Sadly you can't access these songs on a Mac.

erak wrote:
6. Static Shocks In My Ear

It might be the lightning rod that is your hair.

erak wrote:
7. The 3 Reactions To Grapefruit .. I vowed to give $5 to a person who says something other than that, but nobody has yet.

I hate grapefruit. I'll collect my $5 at Glanzer's next time.

erak wrote:
8. Peggle's Flaw

Agreed (except for you being the best Zuma player). Look out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:

Talk Talk
by Talk Talk
from the album Talk Talk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
"Bad Company," by Bad Company, from Bad Company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
eggplantia5 wrote:
Also,

Love,
Kermie

Thanks for another week of agony! Rikki already thought I was nuts coming home humming the tune last week.

Love,
Noo-Noo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

By the way, which one's Pink?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
4. People Hanging Out In Front of the Office's Bathroom Doors - Especially for trips that last more than 5 minutes if you know what I mean. Our bathrooms have no fans or music or insulation, so any noises could easily be heard through the door. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but those people saw me enter.

This is why God gave you a singing voice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
USB Fridge:

$24.99

$19.99

Unfortunately, my company shut down everyone's USB drives.

Now that sucks...you could use a usb to ac adapter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.