Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryszard Hermaszewski
United Kingdom
Watford
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a lot to be gained by going hight at the moment, but how about allowing any plane to play a dive card in addition to a normal manoeuvre card (place it on top to play first, or underneath to play second) allowing the plane with altitude to trade height for speed. In other words, it gets to play 4 cards per turn (in three phases). The cost is one altitude level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hermi wrote:
Not a lot to be gained by going hight at the moment, but how about allowing any plane to play a dive card in addition to a normal manoeuvre card (place it on top to play first, or underneath to play second) allowing the plane with altitude to trade height for speed. In other words, it gets to play 4 cards per turn (in three phases). The cost is one altitude level.

I actually already implemented a simple speed/height system for this game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3169564

I suppose I should have cross-posted here at the Miniatures forum much earlier, but I didn't want to "pollute"... my bad! Anyway, here's the gist of how it works (a full description is in the link above)

Other aspects covered by this mod include a diceless combat system that factors in deflection shooting and the like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.