United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My distribution consolidator just asked me for three more cases of Battle for Hill 218, and I had to remind him that I'd already shipped my last one. If you want to pick up a copy, do it now while some stores still have it in stock!

(I still have about sixty copies here, which I'll bring to conventions and make available for preorders.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't have happened without you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa!

Pick this up, guys and gals...it's a sweet little game.

Here's a snippet of the review I did on it on Fortress: Ameritrash:

I think the game does an admirable job capturing its theme better than most abstract-style games could ever hope to. First off, the supply line is caputred very simply and effectively, and maintaining the supply line is a big feature of many popular wargames. Secondly, the need to combine fire--having one unit essentially "pin" another with cover fire before another unit can wipe them out, also does a great job emphasizing the teamwork and combined arms often brought to bear in a military conflict.

As the game progresses you'll even get a feeling as you would while playing a wargame. You'll feel the urgency to press the attack, and if you falter you can watch as your formation draws back, retreating almost, and establishing defensive fronts, circling around one another in an attempt to repel the enemy's counterattack. Even the way certain units work is captured very well--Paratroopers suddenly dropping in for a surprise assault, Artillery striking from a distance shelling the enemy from afar, Heavy Weapons bringing cover fire to bear on a ridiculous number of directions at once, and Special Forces....hoo boy, can THEY ever sneak in and out of places that you'd least expect them to, you'll really grow to love them and what they can do. Many a game will end in an Air Strike/Special Forces combo if you're not watchful, as Special Forces can go diagonally right into the enemy base.

All in all, a great game, deeper than you'd think for just two small decks of cards. A great link to its military theme while remaining mostly an abstract game, and for $10 MSRP, you really can't go wrong here. We fired off three games in about 35 mintues or so, and it's the sort of game that will have you saying, "just one more."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed this game myself. Will there be another print run of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just shows what a great game it is.

BTW is there anymore news on new versions of this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it indeed an awesome little game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No news yet on any reprint or update, but once the Battleground Punic War set is out the door (soon!) it'll be my next project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew!

I managed to get a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShaunGamer wrote:
Phew!

I managed to get a copy!

sAME FOR ME... STILL GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW IT WORKS! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb
I ordered one today. ScifiGenre.com still has it. All my other 'go to' sources didn't! I heard this recommended in a geeklist and went to yourmovegames.com and downloaded the online version. Very cool! I'm 3 for 10 against easy. Glad I was able to get my hands on the game, I think my son and I will enjoy it. We like wargames but don't always have the time to get Conflict of Heroes or something else on the table. A lot of strategy in a very 'simple' shell...nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb
NEVER MIND! After 2 weeks waiting, I emailed them and they replied: 'Oh, we don't actually have it. Do you want to cancel?'

Grr.

Please reprint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.