Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nord
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An enemy appeared on the same card as my assault team. Other US units on adjacent cards will not open fire(laying PDFs and VOFs9) according to
Rule 6.1.1, page 21, top of 2nd column: "A unit does NOT automatically engage an enemy unit on a card... that contains both friendly and enemy units.", correct?

But can i order one of the units on adjacent cards to make a grenade attack against the enemy on the card with my assault team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. If you succeed, only the target unit or target cover is affected by the VOF of the grenade, but if you miss, the entire card is affected by the grenade miss VOF modifier, so be careful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Antón
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can. With bazookas, mortars or that rifle grenade thing, that is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miguel is correct in that the only way to make a "grenade" attack from an adjacent card is with a weapon that can fire a projectile into the card, i.e., bazooka, rifle grenade, etc. Grenades can only be thrown in the same card.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Miguel is correct in that the only way to make a "grenade" attack from an adjacent card is with a weapon that can fire a projectile into the card, i.e., bazooka, rifle grenade, etc. Grenades can only be thrown in the same card.

Ricky

To add to what Ricky clarified, you are allowed to make grenade attempts at point blank range (i.e. same card) but any "misses" will give a -1 NCM to all occupants of the card, and you do not track "ammo" for hand grenade attacks used on the same card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.