Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Strickland
United States
Richmondville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game specifically for the solo capability, as I travel quite a bit, and need games I can play solo. This was an awesome find - after a couple of "practice runs" in the hotel room I got the hang of it quickly, and am loving it. Very good, simple mechanics that don't get in the way of the game, and help provide fun, challenging solo missions. I was a little dubious at first, but am definitely impressed with the game as a whole after playing it. The artwork on everything I have seen is great, too - top notch.

AND, as a bonus, my wife saw me playing it the other night, and was intrigued enough that she tried it out and she liked it, too. She usually doesn't go for the games I like, but she was having a lot of fun with this one, so that helps me out with the replay factor. She even mentioned how much fun it would be with the miniatures.

One question - are the damage packs randomized, as mine didn't have any "explosion" cards in it that are mentioned in the rules..just wondering.

Thanks guys for a great game that has given me something to share with my wife, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Huntington
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the damage packs are randomized. The A damage deck in my Flying Aces set is the same as the deck in Burning Drachens. One thing to check for, is that fresh out of the box the explosion card is the bottom card of the damage deck. Did it get mixed in with any other cards by chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeffrey is correct, no randomization. Every A deck is the same as everyone else.

There are numbers in corners. So the A deck is made of 35 cards numbered 1/35 to 35/35. C and D decks are shorter, so they are / something smaller. Chek if there are all the cards and if you have doubles. If there is any weird distribution, let's ask for replacements.

All the best!

Andrea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Strickland
United States
Richmondville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
Jeffrey is correct, no randomization. Every A deck is the same as everyone else.

There are numbers in corners. So the A deck is made of 35 cards numbered 1/35 to 35/35. C and D decks are shorter, so they are / something smaller. Chek if there are all the cards and if you have doubles. If there is any weird distribution, let's ask for replacements.

All the best!

Andrea

Great - thanks to you both for the quick response. When I get home this evening I'll make sure that I have all 35, and that they didn't just get mixed up with other cards. I probably just mixed something up. Thanks again guys - and kudos on making a great game, Andrea.
ZK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.