Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game I played the other day an interesting question came up. My opponent played a warrior lore card (I can't remember the name of the card off-hand) which allowed him to order a number of units equal to the number of command cards in his hand. This lore card states that it is played instead of a command card. On my turn after his massive attack, I was holding a counter attack command card in my hand. Is it possible to use the counter attack command card to copy the efffect of the warrior lore card since that was in effect the command card played the previous turn? If the answer is yes, would I have to pay the lore cost of the lore card when playing the counter attack card? I have not been able to find an answer to this question anywhere in the rulebook or online yet, so I am interested in how other people think this situation should have played out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

The Counter-Attack command card can only be played to counter other Command cards, not Lore cards, even Lore cards played "in lieu of a Command card.

See Lore Cards Compendium - Answer #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't think it would be fair to counter attack a lore card,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.