Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wargameroom is a place to play wargames online in real-time. Think Vassal, but without PBEM and the rules enforced.

There was a vote among contributors to the site, and UKC will be the next game to be programmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icheyne wrote:
rules enforced[/b]

I just worked out that sending a bloke called Ronnie to give you a slap is cheaper than programming! This way we could have all the games on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aforandy wrote:
icheyne wrote:
rules enforced[/b]

I just worked out that sending a bloke called Ronnie to give you a slap is cheaper than programming! This way we could have all the games on the list.

Shut it, you slaaaag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Easy chief! I didn't do nuffin!

I'm really enjoying UKC on Vassal with you Andy, but it'd be faster with the machine managing the rules for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icheyne wrote:
Easy chief! I didn't do nuffin!

I'm really enjoying UKC on Vassal with you Andy, but it'd be faster with the machine managing the rules for us.

But I told you Iain, if you do everything I say you're bound to do OK, mostly.

I bet choosing all your options on Wargameroom would take forever, plus a day if you used holding boxes. Already the Vassal program verges on the silly if you wish to place a brigade with a leader, given the number of windows you have to open and close. OTOH mouse-overs show you your opponent's units. We need a program where everything is where it belongs -- on the map -- which includes a place to put played cards, eliminated units, and eliminated units with a stake through their hearts. I have wondered why people use Vassal & ACTS. Whatever benefits this affords, just using one program is likely to be quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.