Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
From my understanding AdeptiCon has a big Games Workshop event, would they announce a rerelease of Space Hulk at this event?

http://www.adepticon.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be no reprint.

Everyone needs to wake up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazhuret wrote:

Why wouldn't they reprint it? Everyone said Talisman wouldn't be reprinted.... And now we have 4th ed and revised 4th ed.

GW are not stupid. They know people will pay money for their childhood memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was sceptical of this when I heard it a few weeks ago, but there seems to be more persistant and reliable sources for the rumour this time around. I hope it's true and I think there is definitely a possibility of it being so.

It would make sense for GW to re-release a game like this this year. It's no secret that they have been having financial difficulties over the past few years, having to close down dozens and dozens of stores and make a lot of effiency gains in their company. This last 6 months and the next 6 - 12 months, with the worlds economies running as poorly as they are, would be even harder on them.

Space Hulk would a be a sure fire money winner for them, there's no way they'd lose money on this game.........so it would certainly be a good financial decision to re-release a game like this right now to give the company what is probably a well needed cash boost......it wouldn't hurt their advertising campaign for WH40K either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Nazhuret wrote:

GW have a more considerable and tighter restriction on their release schedule. While there may be hints, there isn't any official stance on the matter. GW used to have what was referred to as a six month window into their production schedule, but they have tightened that down even further to looking more like 3 months.

Adepticon is in the beginning of april, so unless if space hulk is released three months after adepticon, then you likely won't hear much if anything official regarding it.

Thanks Patrick,

I was wondering how far in advanced GW announced their releases. 3 months sounds a bit short to me but I am not that familiar with GW SOP.

I'm of two minds;

Does GW plant the rumor and see how much interest there is for a rerelease before production or...

If they are going to rerelease Space Hulk work up some PR and excitement that would translate into sales.

All I know if it doesn't come out this year I'm going to finish my own aftermarket set. I had already started collecting marines and genestealers off ebay and put together a shopping list for Space Corridor tiles before this rumor started circulating.

I'm not a big GW fan but I started tabletop gaming with Space Hulk and would like to introduce more people to gaming with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Ip
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Makers of Incursion is cutting their release plans for the game (which is said to be very similar to Space Hulk) because of the re-release. There's gotta be more than a throw away rumor for a company to do that; they even made miniatures for the game already and they are backing off from the competition. Hardly realistic to think they are backing off from a mere rumor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew
United States
California
flag msg tools
Not sure about dates or anything, but Yakface (the guy mentioned in the Warseer thread above, and owner of the Dakka Dakka website) is an acquaintance of mine. I was able to talk briefly to him about a meeting he had with a certain well known GW staffer during the last LA Games Day. He got a first hand look at some of the new Dark Eldar sculpts and got some inside info on Space Hulk (His favorite board game of all time) He said the studio was wrestling with the idea of changing the scale of the plastic Terminator figures...which greatly distressed me.

Who knows. With the economy going the way it is, anything could happen. As far as what I know, the game was being worked on. Whether the project gets canned because of budget constraints, or goes ahead as planned, remains to be seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.