Bali» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules differences in Aladdin edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
The rules for the 1975 Aladdin edition state that players are not limited to building on just their own columns: building on an opponent's column is also allowed. The player completing a word is credited with the score, regardless of which player began the word.

Additionally, in the Aladdin edition, removing a word for scoring does not count as a turn in itself. That is, columns may be built and scored on the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that really changes things. I don't like those rules: if cashing in a word doesn't count as turn, it removes a difficult decision for the player. And building on opponent's cards???? That takes away most defensive strategies. Have you played both new and old rules to compare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Didn't even bother. I could tell from the reading alone that the Aladdin rule set is inferior. I'm fortunate that the Aladdin version wasn't my first exposure to this game. Otherwise, I might have set it aside and let it be forgotten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.