United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vapix wrote:
... the truth on progressive/regressive taxation at last

But Obama carried upper-income voters by 6 points. And he's proposing tax cuts for middle-income voters, who are the only group that voted for McCain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vapix
msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Vapix wrote:
... the truth on progressive/regressive taxation at last

But Obama carried upper-income voters by 6 points. And he's proposing tax cuts for middle-income voters, who are the only group that voted for McCain.

That was a general comment - Dogbert has highlighted an important principle of democracy there

As an aside - American politics don't make any more sense to outsiders than Japanese poitics do. I'm very selective about making comments about the details (rather than the principles) because I lack the necessary knowledge to do so.

Barack Obama got the job, took the oath, and I'm more than happy to assume he'll be a worthy President of the USA. But I don't want to try to map his intentions based on voter classifications. I'm going with what he says and does in his new role
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vapix wrote:
As an aside - American politics don't make any more sense to outsiders than Japanese poitics do. I'm very selective about making comments about the details (rather than the principles) because I lack the necessary knowledge to do so.

If you put your country in your profile then people will know where you're posting from and that will help them interpret your posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.