Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading through the rules and am not sure I understand sorting the piles of cards for the full game. What is the point of having all the different piles - to allow multiple players to look at cards at the same time? Any other purpose?

Also, am I understanding rightly that in round two there will in the end be a single pile with 8 round 2 cards and 4 round 1 cards? Also, in round 3 there would be 8 round 3 cards and 4 round 2 cards?

Why does it matter if the final pile starts with the a card with the number of the relevant round (another rule)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In round 3, there will be eight III cards and four II cards and four I cards.

Starting each round with a card of that number is not hugely important, it's just a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
scottandkimr wrote:
I was reading through the rules and am not sure I understand sorting the piles of cards for the full game. What is the point of having all the different piles - to allow multiple players to look at cards at the same time? Any other purpose?

Also, am I understanding rightly that in round two there will in the end be a single pile with 8 round 2 cards and 4 round 1 cards? Also, in round 3 there would be 8 round 3 cards and 4 round 2 cards?

Why does it matter if the final pile starts with the a card with the number of the relevant round (another rule)?

Thanks

Pretty much the only reason for all the different piles is as you said... it allows multiple people to look at the same time.

I guess the reason to start with a card of the relevant round is that it ensures a high impact card will start the round since the cards get more extreme as the rounds get higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
scottandkimr wrote:

Well, this is my obsession, that everything has to be covered by rules

The cards have different reverse sides - so without this rule, the player who shuffles the deck before flight could easily affect the game by stopping when certain level of card is on the top (for example to be sure Epidemic will not go as the first card etc.).

So when writting this rule, the reason was not to have a certain level of card as the first card, I just didn't want to let the shuffling player to decide that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Vlaada! And our family has been enjoying your game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.