Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
As my number of games logged approaches that most bestial and garbagenous of numerals, six hundred sixty-six, I must confess to being stricken with strange happenings and glimpses of things that appear, on the surface, inconsequential and random, but which intrude upon the mind with deeper meanings and arcane symbologies, and which thrust subtly at those foundations of routine and reason that are so crucial to sustaining the illusion of sanity in a world rich with terrible secrets and horrors beyond conception.

Thus, I hesitate to offer the following images, for the unprepared mind may find them wholly unsettling, as one considere the aeon-swept face of this fragile planet and the terrors that it has borne, and will reveal again. My dearest daughter, from whose innocent hand the following depraved being was conceived, was possibly, inevitably acting as some sort of channel from a more powerful, insidious mind. You may think me a megalomaniac, a paranoid who sees all hands arrayed against him. I confess that I would have thought the same, had events not transpired in the way that they had. I nearly laugh to think that I would have found myself quite insane. The girl's mother, my wife, knows nothing about this, and I pray to God that she never has to learn. But I present this to you, looking for a sign of confirmation, an assent that I fear is already written in my viscera, soon to be arrayed like those unlucky travelers to the Carlsbad Caverns, in circles of odd loops and terrible wiggles that are an abomination to all of the laws of Euclid.

So I put it to you, dear readers, is this not a sign? Does this not appear to place a seal on my fate? That the game after next, I will be fighting for my mind, soul, and body against the powers of the unholy Old Ones?

And if that wasn't enough to scramble your very mind, I found this under the crib this morning. No one knows it's origin or it's nature. It could only be a horrible beacon, calling horrible terrors and terrible horrors upon my home from a time beyond all human remembrance.

(seriously you guys wtf is this thing?)

I would apologize to Howard Phillips Lovecraft, but (1) he's pretty dead, and (2) he's such a hack. I said it. Hack, hack, hack. Great ideas, yes. But a total hack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa.
Be sure you've passed that ominous milestone before the second Friday of March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As for the second picture, since the tag is still attached perhaps you could at least find out where Cthulhu bought it. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
It is from the Oriental Trading Company of Omaha, NE. This now-defunct outfit was formerly under the sole ownership of a Paul M. Forthen of Sydney, AU, a name which appears to be little more than a business front. I'm afraid to say that the trail ended there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The five limbs, the tawny countenance, the strange and vaguely disturbing symbol on the vertical limb.. and Oriental Trading Company, is it? I shiver to think through the implications. goo

Better pre-arrange a spot in the Seattle Asylum friend, because I see no other destination which this road may lead to. And consider yourself lucky if you actually manage to end up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.