Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly. You mean, go around playing one meeple each anywhere you like for some number of turns? I have no though on whether this would play well.

You'd need a substitute for the uncertainty of when the volcano would errupt.

mihair wrote:
And, most importantly, no more awkward smiles from polite friends as they try to play their cards
What do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
The card phase is more than half of the game. If I found that boring, I would just trade the game away instead of get rid of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there's actually a nice little bit of strategy in the card phase, trying to close off buildings with the relative rule, where you place your guys, throwing people in the volcano and from what building, etc.

I mean, it's not super crazy strategy, but it's fun, and aside from the shuffling fairly quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane Sather wrote:
I mean, it's not super crazy strategy, but it's fun, and aside from the shuffling fairly quick.

Shuffling? Am I playing this wrong, we don't shuffle except at the begining? Is that what the complaint is? Setting up the origanel deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eightbit wrote:
Shane Sather wrote:

Shuffling? Am I playing this wrong, we don't shuffle except at the begining? Is that what the complaint is? Setting up the origanel deck?
Yes. Setting up the deck is more of an overhead than some folks expect in a game this light hearted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After just getting the game reading the rules, it doesn't seem like the deck prep is any more involved than setting up the player deck and initial diseases in Pandemic. My wife and I can definitely bang out a game of Pandemic in under 45 mins, so it would seem like the deck prep should feel annoying, but it doesn't, because we LOVE Pandemic.

My completely unscientific conclusion? If you love Pompeii, you won't find the deck prep annoying. If you don't love Pompeii, you'll find a lot of things about it annoying.

I'll find out shortly, as a 3-player game of Pompeii should occur tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.