Popular Tags: [View All]
James Stovall
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Fellow BGGers,

After two months, I am proud to say that I have kept one of my new year's resolutions which is to log all the games I play on BGG. I was just curious if anyone else was doing this? Or would anyone like to join? I find it interesting to see which games are played most frequently.

My January was pretty good, but looking back on February I am disappointed with only two games played! I am having a games day Saturday, and going to my group's game night next Sunday so I should start March off at a good pace.

Pandemic is my most played game in 2009 and I won't even own it until later this week, what is your most frequent play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Cartersville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 52 games played in January and 47 in February and so far in March I have one.

My most played game this year so far is Dominion with 30 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been keeping up on logging my games played for the past few months, but I don't check my monthly stats. Over the past six months, Battle Cattle: The Card Game has definitely been my most-played game. It's fast-paced, fun, and light; and it tends to get slipped into the game rotation at the end of a session of heavier games. It's also one that comes out as a fast game to play while waiting for others to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been tracking my plays since the beginning of the year as well. My resolution was also to try to keep playing games consistently with friends, the kids and my wife, AND play a good variety of games (i.e. ones I own but hadn't played yet). I even attended a local con end of Jan/beginning of Feb which helped my stats a bit.

I have 57 plays in Jan (33 unique games) and 43 in Feb (27 unique games) so I'm off to a good start!

Coloretto and Hey, That's My Fish! are the most played (at 7 and 6 games respectively), but only because they are quick to play (i.e. likely to play multiple times) and easy to set up. Also, discovered the 2-player variant on Coloretto so played it a bunch recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been tracking my plays to make sure I actually play these games that I keep collecting. Now if I can just find an opponent for a quick game of Rat Splatter! Actually, it's interesting to see what I've really been playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this last year and it was a royal PAIN. Sure, it's sort of fun to look at the stats, but keeping up with it all when you're trying to have fun gaming is just a bother. Good luck sticking it out for the whole year, but I think it takes a person with at least borderline OCD to happily keep it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
...or someone with an iPhone, and the BGG App!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I did this last year and it was a royal PAIN. Sure, it's sort of fun to look at the stats, but keeping up with it all when you're trying to have fun gaming is just a bother. Good luck sticking it out for the whole year, but I think it takes a person with at least borderline OCD to happily keep it up.

I haven't found it to be TOO difficult as long as I log it in the evening or following morning after I play. If I was playing dozens of games per day, it might be a bit tedious. I wish there was a way to have some templates/default data (if it does, I haven't figured it out yet) since I almost always play with the same people in the same location. If it was: Click play, select template, update count if necessary, click OK it would be a snap and almost enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurits
Netherlands
Capelle aan den IJssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on keeping track of the games I play. I don't like to keep a complete log of the game, just what game and when it was played. I already have a short list, but still have to place it on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been logging all my game plays from the start of the year. Predictably I've played more star Wars miis than anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One guy in my group has a nice-looking spiral bound journal. Each page inside is pre-printed so you can record EVERYTHING about the games played. He can tell you if he played 2nd, what the final scores were, who all was playing, etc. Granted, I think it's crazy to keep track of all of that stuff during the game day... but if a company out there is actually making such journals there must be a market, eh? Different strokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
I don't usually have a problem with recording my plays, and I have been doing it pretty consistently since I joined BGG.

Trump, where did he get such a wonderous notebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Trump, where did he get such a wonderous notebook?

I asked him and so here's the link : http://genimuse.com/journals/default.htm

Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any therapy you might need after extended use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gander
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started on the 31st December 2008 and have recorded 48 for Jan and 56 for Feb. Getting large numbers of games in isn't hard with a weekly games club, a monthly one and regular weekend plays friends.

Dominion (11) and Race For The Galaxy (10) have the most plays but I've probably spent longest playing either Through The Ages (6) or Civilisation (just 1 game but 11 hours!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.