Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may have already been asked, but in regards to the Agression card "Raid" it say s you destroy one of a rival's urban buildings. Your civilization produces rocks equal to half the building's cost rounded up.
Does the building refer to the card itself (ie the building technology) or the worker on the card? and is the cost the science cost or the cost in rocks?(I'm assuming it means a worker, or in the case of labs for example one lab).If it is the card, would you kill all the workers on it as well?

Also, assuming it is a lab (worker) as opposed to the card itself. what about a Level A urban building. Would you get any points for that?

Also are you allowed to make change with your units? ie if you have 3 swordsman all at level 2 can I sacrifice one unit of level 1 and downgrade a swordsman to a Warrior for example? Or do I have to sacrifice the unit at whatever cost it is (so in this case if all I had was the 3 swordsmen would I have to discard a 2pt. swordsman)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means the worker on the card -- a worker moved to a card becomes a building.

Yes, you can destroy a level A building -- they also have a rock cost.

No, you can't make change with your units. You can only make change with food and resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain half of the building's "rock" cost.

The cards are "technologies", not buildings. You can never lose a technology card.

Why would an age A building be any different? They work the same as any other building. For example, you would gain 2 resources for an age A temple.

In regards to your military unit question, this is why it can be a good idea to keep one age A warrior around. It is especially wise if you have a few colonization bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Voisin
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar question which relates to this one. If some one could answer please, you raid and destroy the some buildings, now do you get the actual cost divided in half or if they own Engineering, do you only receive the new reduced cost halved??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the odds of you getting a definitive official answer to that is almost zero. Good luck.

I personally would just play using the printed values on the tech cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Martignoni
Italy
Trento
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I personally would just play using the printed values on the tech cards.

me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

... You can never lose a technology card.

There are a couple of ways you can lose a technology card, but certainly neither of them pertain to aggressions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.